2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back, been at dealers all day, problem related to idle speed and slight hesitation around the 1800,2000 rpm upon accelleration.
This is the second time the car has been in for the problem, This time i have been informed that the tech guy has been in contact wth Honda (Swindon) they recommended changing the program in the cars management system, This has been done and new file downloaded to the car. (not really an IT man so i have to take there word for it). However the car is running a lot sweater (so far) and the accelleration a damn site smoother.
I was wondering if any one else has had this done.

·
Registered
676 Posts
how old is your car?
when did you bought it?

(probably you got the software upgrades of MY07 cars?:confused: )

·
Registered
100 Posts
My wifes 1.8 SE also has a slight hesitation at about 2200 rpm. Reading the threads on this forum, this problem has been put down to the fly by wire throttle. On tickeover after a couple of minutes there is a slight pinking noise. I took it to Honda and asked if the ecu could be reset, they said no. However they did ask if I wanted to book it in for further investigation. I declined there offer for the moment, as the car is only 4 months old and still unmarked. Once it goes into the dealers,all sorts of nasty things appears to happen to the car!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wifes 1.8 SE also has a slight hesitation at about 2200 rpm. Reading the threads on this forum, this problem has been put down to the fly by wire throttle. On tickeover after a couple of minutes there is a slight pinking noise. I took it to Honda and asked if the ecu could be reset, they said no. However they did ask if I wanted to book it in for further investigation. I declined there offer for the moment, as the car is only 4 months old and still unmarked. Once it goes into the dealers,all sorts of nasty things appears to happen to the car!
The first time my car went in to try and resolve thi problem, i had the FBW system explained to me, the tech said it was the probable cause of the hesitation, Upon picking up the car the first time after check up i was informed that the "Tick over had been re-set"

However, they loaned me an identical car on the new 07 plate, it was a total different drive to my car.

My advice is to monitor the situation and would recommend to book in for investigations if you are not convinced about FBW.

My problem was not a characteristic of the i-vtec engine.
I am now convinced it was software prob.

I will keep forum informed of any changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts