2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went out today to move my car to give it a clean today, put the key in the ignition, pushed the button and all I get is a "Tick, tick, tick" sound. Absolutely gutted, only had the car just under 2 weeks so luckily it's still under warranty and there sending a guy out to look at it for me.

I'll post what happens here just incase anyone else runs into similar problems!

·
Administrator
18,024 Posts
I wonder why it went flat? Is it the original battery?

Did you leave the radio/cd playing without the car running?

Do you OEM Bluetooth/HFT?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
definitely sounds like a flat battery to me
when they come to look at it if they try to jump start it make sure your key is not in the ignition when the attach the jump leads

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
^ This. It may erase your key.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Hmmm. I had my front lamps on for less than ten minutes without the engine on and that was enough to require a jump start.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
My civic is very temperamental to cold weather - luckily it hasn't been too cold where I am yet to flatten my battery - but its been better since I've been using a battery charger to cycle it every month or so (it is an old battery now though)

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My civic is very temperamental to cold weather - luckily it hasn't been too cold where I am yet to flatten my battery - but its been better since I've been using a battery charger to cycle it every month or so (it is an old battery now though)
Very strange. Just got off the phone to the mechanic and he reckons the key has lost its code, sure I read somewhere that when they lose their codes a green light comes up on the dash. I have every light on but the green light

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 76 Posts