2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My car isn't starting not even an attempt to start, every time I try to press the button nothing is turning on, you get the normal beeping noise and all the light comes up but not even a choke!

Any ideas what it could be? its a FN1 with only induction kit mod.

I think it could be starter motor?? :confused:

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,422 Posts
The Civic will refuse to turn over if it detects a low battery.

When that happens you normally get a few dash lights with one one them being the 'check system' one

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if its low battery would everything come it as it should? such as radio etc?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
But if its low battery would everything come it as it should? such as radio etc?
Yes they will as the radio etc take virtually no current from the battery.

The starter motor however takes a massive draw from the battery and that's why the car won't turn over.

A jump start will get it going and then, I suspect a new battery is in order.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,422 Posts
Unlike cars of old where the starter would just grind round slowly, modern cars check the battery voltage and if below a certain level will stop the starter engaging. This is help keep some voltage in the battery to power the onboard systems.

As above, you need a boost to get it started.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
I would not even try to do a bump start.
Since cars are now electronic ignitioned a few failed sparks due to low power means no go. unlike the older distributed cars.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got this resolved by disconnecting the battery for 1 hour and put everything back on and it's now starting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts