2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title suggests, the day you know is going to happen, but there is nothing you can do has come!. parked in a car park for 20 mins whilst at the dentist come back as some low life has keyed my car from the passenger wing all the way down to the rear wing, so 4 panels in total! as if one was not enough.

I just don't know what goes through peoples minds sometime!

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Really sorry to hear this. Happened to mine recently and i agree I just don't know what goes through their minds - Jealousy?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last week someone tried to rip off the grill badge and couldn't, have bolted it on pretty tight!!!! so instead they ripped off the decals! At least this one was cheap, but 4 panels is not going to be cheap to spray, hoping i can get the worst out with some black wax and polish until i can afford the re-spray!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Sorry to hear that meek.
Tis the world we live in now I'm afraid.
There are certain members of our society, who will never rise above the gutter level and should have been put down at birth.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really sorry to read this, I hope you get it sorted out quickly. :(
Well I'm hoping that my good bodyshop chap will still have some of the paint left over from when he did my color coding! But if not i know he quoted me about £60 a panel to respray, so prob looking at another £200 :-(

So theres the new spoiler on hold for another month!!!

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Well I'm hoping that my good bodyshop chap will still have some of the paint left over from when he did my color coding! But if not i know he quoted me about £60 a panel to respray, so prob looking at another £200 :-(

So theres the new spoiler on hold for another month!!!
I know how you feel :( Fortunately I can claim off my insurance for the respray as it's a leased car and won't affect my premium next year. But it's costing the insurance company about £600 to be done :(

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately due to my age its just not worth me claiming on my insurance as the hike in premium is far greater than a re-spray, so ive just gotta bit the bullet and take the hit :-(

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
Unfortunately due to my age its just not worth me claiming on my insurance as the hike in premium is far greater than a re-spray, so ive just gotta bit the bullet and take the hit :-(
I feel for you :( Let's hope you get a good, reasonable quote.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Really sorry to here about this - why can't people just respect other peoples property - it really annoys me.

Hope the car is back to normal soon

·
Registered
70 Posts
i had the same problem went camping an in the space of having a shower down the road someone keyed the bonet twice an on another occation a late friday night someone went round the car park outside me mrs house an ripped everyones windscreen wipers off including mine. also had a couple of other key scratches someone scraped the left rear corner when ''attempting'' to park next to me then drove off..... im in my own league of bad luck i must say.

My only real shock is that someone had the strength to pierce the ''indistructable'' honda paintwork.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Makes me sick really does.

There is no real deterant either. Not until the day they make electrified body work, or the punishment is the victim been allowed to run a knife cut along their face of equal length and deepness as the damage to the car.

Makes you wonder why these people even have keys, they clearly don't own a car, defintely not a bank safe key, and they are probably the same people who force entry into people's homes, so no need for keys.

Try to move on from it. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts