2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from a school trip to Wimbledon 26 degrees an bright sunshine to find out that we had a storm! The hail stones were so big that my car now looks like a golf ball!

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I nearly lost mine in a flood! Drove through some water that was a little bit deeper than I thought!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry the last bit of my post didn't save! Roof bonnet and wings ****ed!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hail Storms ? - Floods ? - what RUBBISH ..,

Can't you read ? - it's Global Warming and Drought, that you are experiencing - some people :facepalm: ...

p.s. - @ the OP - if it's any consolation, it happened to me many years ago - only I was in France in a camp site - car was under a big tree and was unscathed - tent resisted just fine - I was halfway back from the local baker shop, with freshly made croissants (this was about 07:00) and the heavens opened fire on me - HUGE hailstones ! and nowhere to hide - ran back to the car as fast as I could, and ate my soggy croissants - my head and upper body was covered in bruises and lumps !!! :( ...

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
With hail stones as big as they were yesterday in places there are going to be a load of cars with dents all over, every panel almost.

Where does a bodyshop start ?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mate that's bad news :( Will your insurance cover it?!
Not sure! Tried to ring them yesterday and couldn't get through hope so as the car that was next to mine has had a quote of £5000 to put it right!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With hail stones as big as they were yesterday in places there are going to be a load of cars with dents all over, every panel almost.

Where does a bodyshop start ?
Apparently a guy from work was supposed to pick up his brand new BMW from the dealer! He got a call saying don't bother the car is a write off!!

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Wife works for car glazing company and she was talking to other branches in England, they said they had 300 odd calls in the space if an hour because of the hail.

One customer measured the hailstone and it was 3 inch in diameter, wrecked their conservatory and collapsed the roof of their neighbours garage.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
In a kind of back-handed way, the 'OP' was lucky ! ...

Hailstones that size can kill you - whereas a car can be repaired ...

The hailstorm that caught me those years ago (ref. earlier Post) was only about 2" or less in dia. - those 3" balls of ice are much much worse ...

As it was, after perhaps 30 seconds of exposure, I felt (and looked) like I'd been run over by a herd of stampeding rhinos - and most cars and houses had windows smashed ...

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,664 Posts
Busy at our firm today, many, many cars written off. Numerous conservatories/grrenhouses demolished. Many floods in the North East. Worst of all I've been asked to help out with the floods in the NE :(

To the OP, hope your car gets sorted.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts