2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Hairy Northerner
165 Posts
Mine is just usually referred to as "The Truck" or "The CR-V".

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
My other halfs stepdad runs a website where you name and show your car!! I'm not so sure about it tho lol

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
My girlfriend always names her's and other's cars, much to her Dad's embarrassment, based on the number plate. For example her's was GRF so it was "gruffy". Her dads number plate is WNK. She has lost some enthusiasm for it of late as her new car HNY, I keep calling it hiney, which I believe can refer to part of a women's body in the USA, so I have been told. No problems with my Civic though the number plate starts with our first initials and the year we meet, 09, she had to point out to me after a few months.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
bizarrely, and a little off topic, I had 2 tyres fitted at just tyres yesterday as I had a puncture. I was very apologetically presented with a card telling my tyres were called Rob and Sawyer, what their birthdays were and what I should do to celebrate in terms of checks every 6 months.

The fitter was more than a little embarassed by it :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Boss has called the Civic Captain Scarlett (because it's red and looks like the SPV). I have a Volvo S-60 which is silver in colour. She named it today, The Silver Swede Machine after hearing the song by David Essex, Silver Dream Machine. 10 out of 10 Imagination :)

MP

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Mines called Harold, it suits him well :)

My wife's car is called Persie ... Cause it looks like a van (Yes I am an Arsenal fan)

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Mine is just usually referred to as "The Truck" or "The CR-V".
I :lol:'d

I was going to say, mine's called "The Type R" or "The FN2".

I've only named one car I've owned, my MK1 Ka. It was called Lucy, mainly because of the reg plate.

Check out the frankly massive 13" alloys and the 3" back box. It made a nice sound for a 1.3 with the K&N 57i kit. :lol:

It needed lowering so badly, but the car got sold when we bought the house. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.