2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Today i left lights on. And later i realised that my car wont unlock...Tried it with key and it did unlcok, but the weak alarm did come on but turned itself off quite fast (guess the battery went flat). The thing is ..tried to push start it without luck. Then tried to jump start it. Also without luck. Found rope and pulled it home put in full battery and it still wont start. Green key is flashing and thats it.
And to sum up:
*Tried push starting
*Tried jump starting (key was inside..i`ve read that it should not be..but didnt know that at time)

As i understand - car has erased the keys from its memory. But why it happened with both keys, if only one of them was inside the ignition? And i still can lock and unlock car with both remote and key (no alarm).
Then i started to think why the car alarm went off when i tried to unlock the car when battery was flat, but it doesnt go off now?
Also dealer suggested to check full cut out switch, found it easily thanks to this forum. But how do i know if the switch is the reason? I couldnt figure out the way im supposed to press it, as it was quite solid from top.
Then if the keys need to be reprogrammed is there way to start the car now? For older Renault i could input code using key and lock button to start car. Is that possible for Civic aswell?

·
Registered
1 Posts
When jump starting the car, did you leave the keys in the ignition while connecting the leads? If so, you may have wiped the programming on your keys. I did the same thing with my 2006 Civic. I don't think there's any way to start it without reprogramming. Load the car on a flat bed and take it to the stealers.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i did. Damn. So much for not turning the lights off. Lesson learned. Aniway, found guy in service who can fix it hopefully. (Has all the equipment..).

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
I think i did. Damn. So much for not turning the lights off. Lesson learned. Aniway, found guy in service who can fix it hopefully. (Has all the equipment..).
hopefully he does not do more damage.
But if he fails put your head between your legs and kiss your butt good bye as it wont be cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts