2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to replace the reversing lights on the car so, I left the ignition on and put it into reverse so the lights came on as with the led bulbs you need them the right way for them to work.

as I tried putting the first bulb in everything went dead in the car,

the car doesn't start but does turn over,
all the usuall ignition lights DON'T come on,
and everything seems ok except this,
doesn't seem to have the juice to start but won't bump start or jump start and when turning the car over it has about 11V coming out.

Anyone got any ideas because I'm all out for tonight.

Please help :p

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the wife's keys don't work either ?!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, lights back to normal, tried the other key and checked the fuses, I would have thought it was the fuses as I think iv just sorted out the cuircit but it doesn't seem to be !!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's all good, had another look in the light at fuses and a fuse tester, found that the meter fuse had gone which stops the whole dash from working pretty much and wouldn't allow the ignition to work, woo hoo, so glad I git that fixed

p.s strange why the reverse lights are connected to the dash lights?! lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
it's all good, had another look in the light at fuses and a fuse tester, found that the meter fuse had gone which stops the whole dash from working pretty much and wouldn't allow the ignition to work, woo hoo, so glad I git that fixed

p.s strange why the reverse lights are connected to the dash lights?! lol
Its probably a convenient place to take the feed from as they only operate with the ignition turned on. Its alot safer to change lamps when they are turned off.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Anyone understand which fuse is meant by the above as have same prob?

Gaz
Posted it in your other thread mate but think it's #10 in the interior (footwell) fusebox.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts