2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my Civic a couple of months and whilst driving out of the company car park (Pottsy will know the one I mean), the things put in the road to ensure you drive one way only decided to come loose, upend and scrape down the underside. The noise was terrible.

I've taken a quick look underneath and it seems the sill part has taken the brunt of it and might have a few chunks missing - brakes etc were ok though.

Going to go into the dealer tomorrow to find out what/if any any major (other than cosmetic) damage has been done.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Robbo,

I didn't take any pictures but the car park is managed/owned by the company I work for and they only had these things - don't know what they are called fitted a few months ago - pasted a picture below (not the actual one).
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.seneca-services.co.uk/car_park_furniture_files/280B1035_250_q_5__normal%2520speed%2520ramp.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.seneca-services.co.uk/car_park_furniture.htm&usg=__U0F_7tib-IhEdoOGy_6sAzye2QM=&h=177&w=177&sz=43&hl=en&start=13&sig2=NylrUo9Sud95x1aCsuBmRA&um=1&tbnid=QyqPRnHz6qpWNM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcar%2Bpark%2Bfurniture%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=VATVSaOOM42ZjAeV37CKDw

Anyway - I immediately reported to reception to be told "oh, I thought that was working itself loose when I drove through yesterday"!!!!

Then reported to our facilites manager so I've told a few people......oh and I left the ramp, which weighed a tonne, by the side of the car park.

Really p**sed off because I'm sure there is some damage underneath but it doesn't look repairable or a safety issue but I know it is there.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Bluestu - I guess you need to get a quote from a Honda dealer to put any damage right and present it to our facilities manager (took me 7 months to get transferred to the other car park, so good luck!). If they mention your insurance, I would remind them that it's their insurance that needs to pay. Photos of the car and plate would be a good thing to get a keep.

PS "Directional flow plate"!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bluestu - I guess you need to get a quote from a Honda dealer to put any damage right and present it to our facilities manager (took me 7 months to get transferred to the other car park, so good luck!). If they mention your insurance, I would remind them that it's their insurance that needs to pay. Photos of the car and plate would be a good thing to get a keep.

PS "Directional flow plate"!
Thanks pottsy - I am seeing the dealer tomorrow and will see what happens. I'm not putting it through my insurance as I'll get stung next renewal - it seems the issue is probably with the contractors who fitted the plates but I'll let Mt T deal with them - still, I know this won't be easy as you obviously know the character involved!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
As pottsy said, it's their insurance and their car park! so you have every right to get every single piece repaired at no cost to yourself

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Except they are tighter than a crabs arse. Right now they have reduced our drinking water and removed our teabags as a cost saving measure. We get the cup, and the little jigger of milk, but no teabag. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The company is liable for this, send them the bill. If you scrape your car on a Sleeping Policeman you can also claim off the council, so your company should pay up too.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all - amazingly the person responsible at my company has agreed they are liable so now just waiting for the garage to tell me if there is any damage to repair or not.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
The company is liable for this, send them the bill. If you scrape your car on a Sleeping Policeman you can also claim off the council, so your company should pay up too.
You can claim off the Local Authorities Highways Dept too, if you damage your car, due to a pot hole in the road.
I claimed for a new tyre, from my local Forrestry Commission, when they were felling trees and left small sharp branches on the highway.
The rear wheel picked one up, it jammed on the underside of the car and the other end went straight through the tyre.

Pleased for you mate. Result :)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Except they are tighter than a crabs arse. Right now they have reduced our drinking water and removed our teabags as a cost saving measure. We get the cup, and the little jigger of milk, but no teabag. :rolleyes:
Luxury - we're using powdered tea for the self loading freight.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
£5 per month I have to pay for tea and powdered milk, and i'm sure the tea bags are the cheapest from Netto!!!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
nice!! good result

1 - 16 of 16 Posts