2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Recently, on 3 separate occasions I've come back to my car in Public car parks to find nice paint marks and dings all over the car, with the latest to be the worst!

Does anyone know a solution or company that can get them out?
Preferably a mobile solution so I wouldn't need to travel to far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's infuriating, especially how the dirt around the dints has been rubbed off as the scally who has dinted the car checks to see how bad it is before they drive off! :rant:

Thanks in advance,
DJ.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
I've seen good results with chipsaway (we used to use them in a company I left years ago), but being a franchise it can suffer from the varying quality so worth looking at reviews in your local area.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Pet hate of mine. Came back to my car a few years ago and someone had their door open against mine. They were asked to move it ;)

Try a mobile dent repair firm, check out reviews etc and make sure you get a price up front.

Here is one local to you.
Dent Repairs Retford Nottinghamshire | www.bodyworkpros.co.uk

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Hi All,

Recently, on 3 separate occasions I've come back to my car in Public car parks to find nice paint marks and dings all over the car, with the latest to be the worst!

Does anyone know a solution or company that can get them out?
Preferably a mobile solution so I wouldn't need to travel to far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's infuriating, especially how the dirt around the dints has been rubbed off as the scally who has dinted the car checks to see how bad it is before they drive off! :rant:

Thanks in advance,
DJ.
I know the number of a guy who does them for a lot of the main dealers and he is self employed and very good as well as very reasonable. He lives in Newark but travels all over the area so I guess Retford will be fine. Keith 07973400093 if that helps but will say over the last 7 years he has done me around 7 dents including one on each car around a month ago:wink3:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Superb, thank you for the replies guys. I'll take Keith's number thanks Rick - knowing someone who has previously used him always makes the deal sweeter!

Flashy - I had someone open there car door in to mine while I've been sat inside, they looked at me gone out when I wound the window down. Such a pain!

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Rick, Thanks for the tip he's quite near to me too.

I may give him a tinkle to tackle mrsF's V-dub, which seems to have taken a battering over the years. Not all self induced either

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
The worst dent he ever did for me was after we had been parked in Swindon, I returned to a 12" crease straight down the door with a duck egg dent at either end and then a 4" crease going the other way. This was back in 2008 and cost around £60 to remove but Keith removed it perfect even though it did take him a good half hour to 40 minutes. The other week he did a ting ding on the rear door of the tourer and a faint egg size flick on the rear panel of the CRZ that has been there since I bought the car and to be fair it took me 10 days to notice it as it was that fine but left this until I had a better reason to call Keith.

FYI this was on the car when Farqui seen my CRZ so was really fine but both are now gone without a trace ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts