2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been done again!!!!

Yesterday Asda carpark, got back to the car to find some mooron backed out from beside me and left me this lovely present.

I am very very carefull wher I park in supermarket carparks as Im finding no one give a s**t about other peoples cars when opening doors etc, already got to small dents on driver door through this, and the car is only 6 months old now.

Just dont know what the answer is?........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I'm afraid there is no answer.
Dishonesty is rife and looking after ones valuables doesnt mean somebody else will.
Give 'Chipsaway' a ring, theyll have that looking like new in no time!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel for you.

I am annoyed with the same problem.
Luckily it happened to me in the works car park so I could check the CCTV.
I cough the bugger and made him pay, but you are right, no one cares about anyone else but them selves these days.

People just do not respect other peoples property.

I usually try to park as far away from other cars as I can, but every-time I come back to my car, it is surrounded by other cars, it is like a magnet.

The day they invent forcefield I am 1st in line.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Feel for you mate - happened to me and I wasn't happy - don't go shopping any more :mad:

Any CCT cameras around - you could go and ask security and then see if you can identify the culprit - probably white van man :(

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car park incident... happened to me last week too! I hate supermarket car parks and try to avoid using them at all costs but had to visit one for work last week.. I parked there for only 20 minutes and there were no other cars around me when I left - 4 spaces either side - when I came back some moron in a rover 200 had parked beside me and opened her door striaght into mine leaving a 1/2" silver streak on my door. Luckily it rubbed off without leaving a mark or dent. I had just left a (very) stern note on her windscreen when she came back.. she didnt even appologise or seem bothered so I gave her both barrels - she was a little more concerned after that lol!!
Some folks have no concern when it comes to other peoples property - it wouldn't surprise me if there was a whole fleet of bitter rover drivers out there who's only goal in life is to make other peoples nice cars look as crappy as their own!! Bring back public floggings!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got back to find when they reversed out they hit scraped and dented my drivers door. This has bent the support across the inside of the door, nearly £500 to repair as this can not be popped out.
So much for the £800 i spent not long ago for a bonnet respray and touch up on all the paint work to bring it back to new.
My civic is now just over 3 years old and i still love it, recalls and all and the 5 years service deal.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I've such a complex about parking anywhere, its unbelievable the disregard some people have for others property. It gets me so angry!!

Im gonna die young from all the stress of worrying about my car! Anyway i would love to tell you more, but i must go check my car is ok ;)

BFM

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
That is frustrating I have to say :(

Why can't people be careful?

I hope you get it sorted out quickly.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Try the Dr colourchips route to repair

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It's sad :( People does not really care of their own cars and OUR as well .
Personally, when I'm parking the car somewere in the town I'm always frustrated.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I had an idiot try to park next to me. The gap was far too small and he hit the rear corner of my Accord (at the time), no damage as the flexible under skirt just popped back. I banged on his bonnet to make him stop and he just gave me a blank glazed look as I watched him park elsewhere.

Don't know whether he was able to straighten his wing mirror after I walked past his car though! It was so bent it probably dropped off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This kind of people only understand one thing... REVENGE...

I'm sorry, i don't like this attitudes, but sometimes it's the only way of getting people to understand some things... I'm always carefull with my stuff but also with other people's stuff too... can't bear seeing careless jerks ruining other people's propery just because they didn't want to check the mirror before reversing...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have noticed that these drivers spend ages circling trying to park as close to the supermarket door/entrance as poss,so the answer is to park at the furthest spot you can.It might mean a 100yard walk but its peace of mind!
It's not foolproof though,some drivers have a herding instinct i'm sure!:thud:

·
Registered
200 Posts
i park in two spaces to stop people opening doors on to my car

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I had an answer to this.
When I was in my teens I had a friend make up some bump strips out of 2" angle iron for me, they were contoured and looked just like the original strips. these I fitted in place of the plastic strips on my car. They looked just like ordinary bump strips but they protruded more and had a sharp hard edge.
I never had another parking dint after that, but I did notice many damaged doors on cars parked next to mine. And no it wasn't me hitting them, it was them hitting my bump strips, serves them right. I was still car proud even if I was in my teens, I didn't want my car damaged and I didn't want to damage anyone Else's car, but if they banged my car and damaged theirs in the process "Tough".
I'm sure there will probably now be a law against fitting metal protectors to your car in this day and age of "do gooders" and the law will come out on the side of the ones doing the damage and you will get done for trying to protect your own property.
Bring back the seventys and sanity.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I now find the parking process alot like selecting the right urinal in a tiolet. If there are no large spaces away from all other cars you have to find the most expensive and well looked after cars the park next too (providing there is no child seat of hints of any young people on board) Still, I'd love to meet the people who think it is fine to dent my car and leave like the knuckle dragging neanderthanls they are

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm the person who parks right at the end of the car park, and away from everyone else. I'd be more happy to walk a bit than park close to somebody who does nt give a **Edit by HM**! Some people just don't understand that you pay alot on money for your car, and want to keep it as new as possible, as long as possible. Just like those muppets at Kwik Fit who dented my alloy wheel and could nt understand why I got mad, I told the guy/muppet that I'm careful not to hit the curbs while parking, and one visit here and you wreck my wheels!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks ROBBO 51

Got chipsaway to repair the scratch and £69 later is now as good as new - til next time.............

1 - 20 of 20 Posts