2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
car scratched/keyed

Can any one recommend a good car body repair shop in essex. Part of my car has been keyed and i have tried to touch it up using a honda paint pen which has made it worse. I have used a bit of tcut which has also made the area around the scratch go WHITE against the red car making it look even worse. I don't know why its made part of the paint go white or how to remove the paint i have put on the car. Its on the smaller panel which goes around the front of the wheel at the drivers side.

I have spoken to one guy and he has quotes £70 but this seems too cheap. He said he would respray part of the panel and but lacquer on the whole panel and that their is a possibility it could look a different colour

I am from saffron walden but can travel to cambridge or bishops stortford area

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

any ideas what i should ask/make sure a repair shop does when i take the car to a garage, should i make sure they paint the whole panel or ensure they blend the paint in somehow. Or an alternative is to get a new panel however i don't know whether these can be removed from the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have added some pictures although it is still difficult to see because of the rubbish cover up i have put on it, although you can see the white area around the scratch

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
I heard, on this forum, that Tcut is defiantly no good for Honda paint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im wondering whether it has taken away the paint which is why the white has come through. i will either have to get a replacement painted panel or get this resprayed but i do not know any good/recommend sprayers in the local area. After speaking to one, he did not fill me with confidence and said it may look a different colour

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
im wondering whether it has taken away the paint which is why the white has come through. i will either have to get a replacement painted panel or get this resprayed but i do not know any good/recommend sprayers in the local area. After speaking to one, he did not fill me with confidence and said it may look a different colour
You have probably exposed the primer underneath I'm afraid. Honda did a "blend" repair on my front bumper as I'd scuffed it and the match is perfect so it can be done!

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Cool I have a few areas on my car that need addressing plus two dents!!! What's their number if you remember? As I want a quote for it all :)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Cool I have a few areas on my car that need addressing plus two dents!!! What's their number if you remember? As I want a quote for it all :)
Dunstable are 0844 248 9500; Letchworth are 0843 658 3015.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got three quotes for the wing to be resprayed.

£70
£125
and £150

I went for the £150 because the one for £125 could not do it for another 2 weeks and the cheapest one did not fill me with confidence and i think was new to car spraying so its getting done thursday

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
never even thought of that, but with the fitting that might make it more expensive given the prices they charge. Also they said they would polish the colour in to get a better colour match

·
Registered
155 Posts
That looks through to primer. T cut is no good. If you use Megs ultimate polish you can't flatten down and blend touch up pens by hand. Make sure they spray the lacquer over the panel as you can get opaque patches in the light.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks through to primer. T cut is no good. If you use Megs ultimate polish you can't flatten down and blend touch up pens by hand. Make sure they spray the lacquer over the panel as you can get opaque patches in the light.
i will give them a call to make sure as i never asked this when i was there but i have checked out their reputation and it is good, which is why i think they charge more

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
The company 'Chips away'are based north side of cambridge down the road from CRC college,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts