2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them or if anyone has any advice.
This has happened to me a couple of times now. I was driving on the motorway with cruise control on, must have been for an hour and half or so when I realised the car sounded rather loud, like a humming sound, I slowed and the sound gradually went away, sped up again and the noise came back, the faster I went the louder it got and the car also began to shake. I pulled over for couple of minutes, got going again and the noise had completely gone. Thinking it may be a wheel bearing? Or maybe something more expensive :-/

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats another possibility I was thinking. Cruising around 85ish. But as it comes and goes I don't know if it would be that. If it was surely it would happen at that speed all the time? I could be wrong.

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
I had this problem on my old car (Clio172) and was a wheel bearing. Could be that?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, think I may have to get a garage to have a look at the wheel bearings.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I had this with my Vectra, turned out one of my tyres was feathering. Sounds similar to wheel bearings going apparently.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Graham, very helpful lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts