2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, hoping someone can help me with this issue which has stumped myself and the local garage. Sometimes the car just won't start. On the dash, the Vsa light comes on followed by engine light, then airbag. It can take 1 attempt, sometimes 50 attempts to start by turning off then on again, and the warnings have gone. If it still wont start, i can come to it the next day and it will suddenly fire up first time!!!. Googled the issue and others said might be the battery which I changed, but same problem. Any ideas??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They did and it confirmed issue with airbag etc however when car ok, and showing no lights, diagnostics were clear? They seem to think it's either a relay, broken wire or ecu...

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Check the earth wires in engine bay. Ensure they are tight/free from corrosion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might sound daft but how do I know where all the earth wires are, the battery earth is solid but don't know where the others are

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure how much help this is. But when my battery died the other day my civic was displaying the airbag symbol randomly. Dont rule out a battery/alternator problem completely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts