2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My CW has just had both door windows smashed in right outside my house just to steal my floor mats! I'm pretty shocked someone is willing to do that just for the stupid mats. Please keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell them or who may have recently fitted them in their fn2.

I don't particularly want them back, they weren't in great nick and the idiots ripped one of the plastic grommets on the drivers mat in their haste. I just want info on them so I can pass it on to police.

Here is a pic I've borrowed off someone else's sales posting of the mats I had. Depressingly they're worth less than £40, my excess will be at least £60. So pointless! I live in the Sunbury-on-Thames area near Kingston in London. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
you just cant have anything nice these days gutted for you :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would spend 40 bucks not to go to jail! Idiots! Rise above mate sooner you get it fixed sooner you can forget.

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
We could all do with an EDD209 on our properties to keep an eye out.

Unfortunately I think it’s only going to get worse around xmas too.

I myself saw something abit dodgy last night and I do wonder if it would have been a different situation if it was my miss's getting out the car and not me!

I basically parked up my miss's old mg on the drive had the window down slightly and could hear someone jogging and thought nothing of it. When I got out the car a guy in a hoodie was running towards me - saw me (potentially instead of a 5ft tall blonde) looked really award and darted over the other side of the road and could not make it more obvious really and continued to run down the road looking back every so often and stopping at the end of the street which was 100 meters away and got his mobile phone out and walked off.

Thing was the road I had travelled down, the same as he was coming down no one was to be seen so makes me wonder if he was waiting for the vehicle to come past etc.

Don't mean to jack the thread but think we could all do with being more careful around xmas time.

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
This is the first I hear of somebody breaking in because of floor mats! Idiot is too mild word. Gutted for you!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Didnt think scumbags would go that low and steal floor mats!

Going to b&q for come screws the now just incase they come upto glasgow :p

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
That's really bad luck, can't believe someone would do that for a set of mats !!!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Absolutely shocking.

Part of me wonders if the windows were smashed out of jealousy and then they took the mats after?

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
what an idiot. :mad:

gutted for you, dude. hope you get this sorted soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unbelievable that mate. Smashing into a car for bloody floor mats!? Complete morons.

I had my push bike stolen in Leeds over the summer, that one still burns when i think about it for too long.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
Gutted for you mate. Worst feeling ever when someone does that to your car. I don't know how I could handle it with my Type R.

Sounds like a jealousy thing to me though. Someone wanting to steal something to sell would surely rob a car with a big bling CD player or sat nav in it as they would be worth more than a set of mats. And surely a Type R owner would be in a better position in life than to rob other Type R owners.

Hope you catch the scum.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all for your support! It's still angering and baffling me in equal measure. They were probably only worth about £20, even less as they ripped them ot so hard one of the secure grommet is still in the carpet!

If they wanted stuff to sell they could have taken lots more, including an iphone screen mount that was on the windscreen and is probably worth more than the mats. But if they wanted them for their own car why risk getting caught for just £30 mats? And why not take the Mugen gear knob!

Starting to wonder if it was kids doing a dare or something, but considering no one heard or saw anything in a very quiet cul-de-sac that sounds a bit too professional to be chavs. No prints, no blood, no window-smashing device found. I'm probably just gonna snoop through the windows of any FN2 I see around here for a while and try and spot my mats!

Meanwhile Autoglass are on the way and it's all covered but that £75 excess is leaving a very sour taste!

@roundy That's a pretty scary story. Hopefully it's not too common as I'm only a 5'2" blonde and that's too close for comfort! Maybe I can fit a baseball bat in the glove box!

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
They will amost certainly be popping up on ebay sooner or later. This is a massive problem at the moment of cars being stripped down to parts to be sold on eBay.

I'm very wary of buying some things on eBay because the likelyhood is they are stolen.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts