2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to get a number of products together and use the same stuff regular. An organised amount of products. Like many of you already use.

Pre Wash - Megs Hyperwash Foam Lance Kit
Auto Finesse Citrus Power

Wash - Auto Finesse Lather

Interior - Megs Apc

Wheels - Decon Gel and Auto Finesse Imperial

The Werkstat Pack The Works

Planned wish list. See what happens.

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Nice choice of products there.

Be careful with the Megs apc as its very strong and you have to dilute it.

Werkstat is good kit for light colors

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
PB woolie get my both hands thumbs up

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Good kit Arron, PB woolies a bit expensive & if you seal your wheels then IMO they are not needed. I used the AF Citrus the other day, works very, very well. Used 250ML on the doors & bumpers. So will get 4 cars worth for 1 litre (£10).

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
Borse - if you come over to the meet on 01/04/12 you will be able to pick most of this up, and discounted too! The Werkstat is good stuff on light coloured cars, the Zaino Z2 is something special aswell, and IMO the best on silver as it allows so much flake pop it's unreal!

The rest of your list looks fine. Unconvinced by the wheel woolies though - had a chance to try some the other week and snubbed them in favour of my EZ brush.

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Borse - if you come over to the meet on 01/04/12 you will be able to pick most of this up, and discounted too! The Werkstat is good stuff on light coloured cars, the Zaino Z2 is something special aswell, and IMO the best on silver as it allows so much flake pop it's unreal!

The rest of your list looks fine. Unconvinced by the wheel woolies though - had a chance to try some the other week and snubbed them in favour of my EZ brush.
Not tried the PB woolies, but too expensive. I've got the EZ & its excellent.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
It's really good stuff. The clarity it gives is unreal, makes the car look like it's been shrink wrapped! Also works out cheaper to buy than the Werkstat, although you do get less of it. ~£16 for 250ml, vs Werkstat ~£24 for 500ml. It lasts for approximately 5 or 6 months before needing to be topped up, longer if you layer it.

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/product.php?id=ZAI-Z2

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spoke to Foxx this morning, spoke about Polish of Megs 205 as well.

Wax choice - DJ light fantastic? Or ultimate paste wax.

Magic which foam are you liking at the moment and why?

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts

Better than DJ and Ultimate and suitable for light colors

Victoria Wax Mayhem (3oz) - Shinearama

Also you ll find handwaxing a unique experience

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
They would work together - Z2 first and then HD on top, although this is overkill and would spoil the aesthetics of Z2.

Yes, I arrived at the shop as you were on the phone to him :eek: :D

The Z2 is a great choice, and as he no doubt told you, they don't stock the Werkstat. It's cheaper anyway @ £16 per bottle, even though you do technically get more for your money when it comes to Werkstat. The Z2 is very easy to apply and remove.

Of those waxes I'd say the Megs Ultimate, although the DJ is still good stuff. Tbh, at that price point, there's literally hundreds of varieties to try. I dare say if you fancied some DJ, get yourself a "test tube" as you get about 5 waxes, and the panel pots are enough to do 3 or 4 cars each!

Use discount code a2d8 when ordering online for some dizzy, which I also heard you asked after when mentioning me! :p

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers!

I think Z2 is also enough, is Z6 any good?

So your putting a wax on after Z2 is no need?

But if i wash the week after with PH Neutral will that keep the polish on?

So instead of AG Paint Cleaner HD or SRP use Z2?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.