2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum. Owned a milano red 2010 civic fn2 for the last couple of years but need some help and advice.

Yesterday I changed the fuel filter, everything seemed to be plain sailing and after everything was put back together it took a couple of turns on the ignition for the car to start, i drove the car home 4-5 miles but after being parked up again for around an hour it wouldn't start, same thing this morning, car won't start so just wondering if any other members have had a similar issue after replacing the fuel filter and if so what did you do to fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
First thing to check is the pump cutoff switch - it's behind the triangular panel you will have taken off to remove the centre console, on the right hand end of the dashboard. It's possible it got flipped when you were putting things back together.

*edit* sorry, hadn't seen that you drove the car for a while... still check that switch, but it's possible that something's not been reconnected properly in the pump/filter assembly. Did you follow a guide?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Check the fuel cut off switch as mentioned but also check the bottom jet clip on the filter itself.

I fit mine and drove for about 10mins then it cut out, I begrudgingly stipped it back out and found the plastic clip that you lock in had backed out as I hadn't fully locked it in.

Took 2 seconds to fully secure and about an hour to strip the centre console and remove the filter again :facepalm2:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply guys.

I'll take a look at both the fuel/pump cut off switch and jet clip when I get home from work, the guide I followed was the guide that musegroove linked to in his reply.

The fuel filter used was bought from Cox motor parts.
Genuine honda fuel filter model # 17048-SMG-E00.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies and help guys it's appreciated.

Turns out the problem was the o-ring for the fuel pump just wasn't seated properly inside the filter. Car seems to be good now and starts without any problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yesterday i installed an aux-adapter in the back of the radio and after this i couldn't start my civic fn fk!
I think it's the switch!
Does anyone have a photo from the location of the switch. You would be very helpfull to me!

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts