2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can help at all?

I have just removed my Parrot which was plugged in to the stereo via a blue autoleads box. plugged the iso leads back into the stereo and now the car won't start? the engine management light is flashing and showing airbag, vsa?

can anyone help?

kind regards
kieron

·
Registered
414 Posts
I guess the first thing I'd do is get the trouble codes then reset them and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then I'd re-connect the parrot and see what happens. At least once you have the trouble codes you'll have an idea where to start looking. Also there are plenty of people on here who will be able to provide advice once you have the codes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply deepdown130

how would i get the codes?, I tried plugging the parrot back in but still the same

many thanks
kieron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I think that's all above my capabilities TBH, I think I will call out an auto electrician tomorrow to come and look. I'm puzzled who 2 plugs on the parrot which I just unplugged and plugged in the iso can stop the car starting. feeling very stressed and frustrated lol

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Check the fuel cutoff? It's a button inside the triangular panel on the end of the dash. Could have been disturbed when the dash came apart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check the fuel cutoff? It's a button inside the triangular panel on the end of the dash. Could have been disturbed when the dash came apart.
I have just looked, do you mean the triangle piece you pop off next to the drivers door? I have looked at that part and cant see any form of button?

many thanks
kieron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found it and it is not depressed. It is showing every warning light? tyre deflation, abs, airbag, VSA

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, wait a few minutes and then reconnect? It may have the effect of resetting whatever is causing the error.

Using an OBD scanner is not at all complicated - don't underestimate your abilities?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have disconnected the battery and reconnected to no avail, I have looked at every connector I can see and everything is clicked in place. I can normally figure out most problems but this has me bamboozled. I will look at investing in a scanner but I need the car back on the road asap.

I appreciate all of you help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car is turning over just not firing

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Maybe the engine is flooded. Try pressing clutch several times and then trying to start it.

Just a guess but has happened to me in the past.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,891 Posts
Maybe the engine is flooded. Try pressing clutch several times and then trying to start it.

Just a guess but has happened to me in the past.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Cranking with the throttle depressed can help a flooded petrol engine, but this is a diesel.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,891 Posts
The car is turning over just not firing
Did you follow the instructions carefully for resetting the fuel cut off?

Does the battery have a full charge? Sometimes the battery can take a hit when you're working on the car, most likely if you were listening to the radio.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Do you have a spare key to try?

Don't leave the key in the ignition whilst disconnecting/reconnecting the battery or jump starting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of your input, The auto electrician came today and got it sorted. He said it was odd as the car was in crash mode he reset it and now all is good. Only cost £40 including checking all the connections from parrot removal.

Reactions: musegroove
1 - 20 of 24 Posts