2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Honda Civic Type S will not start during hot weather conditions or after a journey. The engine management light will show and while the car cranks it will not turnover or start. If i keep switching the key to on/off position I sometimes get lucky and the light will not show but after starting the car the airbag light will come on?! But after the weather has recently turned i can not get it to start at all after work which is a real pain. I have searched other forums which says it could be the main relay but this doesnt seem to be for the 8th gen Civic. Does anyone have any ideas ???

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
So when the fault happens the starter doesn't even turn? I'm guessing a bad connection onto the starter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have had it plugged in although Honda said they can not find a fault as the car is not communicating with the diagnostics! Now im at a loose end on what to do. They did say it could be a faulty ECU but wanted £1300 but couldn't guarantee that was the probelem

·
Registered
50 Posts
first off all, I would purchase an ECU from a 'scrap yard'. It's cheap AND if it doesn't solve the prob you can give it right back.
IF a bad ECU is the known problem tho!

Read along:

Otherwise it could be a bad problem with the security system. Grab your 2nd key and try it again with cranking it over and using the obd service (Honda will lend u a hand).

greetings

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm Currently having the same problem. 2.2l Civic 2007

When the car is cold it starts from first turn. I drive around no problem. Then when I leave it for 2-3 hours and come back to it and try to start it it either turns 2-3 times and goes. Or has the engine light coming up after the first turn and it starts. And you can see on the speedometer that it starts picking up rpms and then drops with every turn until it actually starts. I went to a mechanic we hooked it up and it had a crankshaft sensor error so we changed that together with oil and filters ( except the diesel filter) but it still does this problem. Tomorrow I'm going again hopefully with the engine light on and I hope it shows a different error so we can catch whats the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts