2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received the OEM style carbon bonnet today and set about fitting it to iron out any issues.

The finish on the carbon is superb. Underside was a bit messy but hopefully that should be sorted in the future ones.
Also hole positions were marked for the weather strip, sound deadening etc. so I quickly drilled them out and was able to apply all the bits and bobs I needed underneath to re-fit the GM intake.

Alignment front to back was spot on, just seemed to sit a little high on the wings to me. Again this was passed back so the necessary changes can be made.

I'm also looking at a supplier of vented type bonnets which I should have in a few weeks.:cool:

These are £495 incl VAT for OEM style.:cool:

DSC00538.JPG

DSC00539.JPG

DSC00540.JPG

DSC00541.JPG

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Very nice, but not sure I could justify it on my black car... does it stand out?

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Ah yeah... I forgot about the more important issue...

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
MMMMM....I need!

Whats the prices gonna be and how long till its available with ones with the fitment sorted??

Will future ones be ready for GM to be bolted straight on?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a lot weight wise as its double skinned. Forgot to measure but it was noticable. You wouldn't really want a true lightweight single skinned one on a road car though as they are very thin.

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
I received the OEM style carbon bonnet today and set about fitting it to iron out any issues.

The finish on the carbon is superb. Underside was a bit messy but hopefully that should be sorted in the future ones.
Also hole positions were marked for the weather strip, sound deadening etc. so I quickly drilled them out and was able to apply all the bits and bobs I needed underneath to re-fit the GM intake.

Alignment front to back was spot on, just seemed to sit a little high on the wings to me. Again this was passed back so the necessary changes can be made.

I'm also looking at a supplier of vented type bonnets which I should have in a few weeks.:cool:

These are £495 incl VAT for OEM style.:cool:

View attachment 35998

View attachment 35999

View attachment 36000

View attachment 36001
:D:D:D

how long did it take to fit paul? (i.e. what will the labour charge be?)

looks great actually!! what are you goin to do with that one you've got when you get the mugen one fitted?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I see you edited the first post for the price....cheers for that! :D I'd definatly have one at that price.

When are they gonna be available from?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see you edited the first post for the price....cheers for that! :D I'd definatly have one at that price.

When are they gonna be available from?
They are pretty much available now. I'm a stickler for quality and don't want to sell products that don't work, don't fit etc so just need the issues I found ironed out. A friend saw it today and thought it was spot on. Guess I start looking too closely.:facepalm:

Regarding your question about holes pre drilled, It really was easy to do as the positions are all clearly marked and I guess some will want all the holes, some won't, probably most won't actually but leaving them filled gives the option....but I have requested that they are pre-drilled.

Fitting took longer than I anticipated as I was fiddling around with the hinges and latch but I recon your looking at 2 hours total to remove one, fit the necessary parts and fit the new one and set it.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
woooo, that looks really nice.

My wallet is still sore from Flashpro though, so maybe later...

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
carbon bonnet always looks good with light coloured cars ie, silver, white... and with the glass roof as well....:cool:

·
Supporter
542 Posts
carbon bonnet always looks good with light coloured cars ie, silver, white... and with the glass roof as well....:cool:
i'll 2nd that...not to keen on black, although i can see it from a performance point of view.

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
I want one, how much for a part ex on my "stone chipped" bonnet lol? ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Excellent! keep us posted with the developments of this one ;)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts