2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since TDI and Sumopower are both doing excellent deals on carbon bonnets for the FN2 I just wanted to know what peoples opinions of them are, especially on a red car :)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Get one is my opinion ;-)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think to install a carbon bonnet on our car does not make sense, our bonnet is not too heavy so installing this carbon bonnet would be just a bling thing (and I don't like it).
Installing a carbon bonnet on a CH1 does make a real difference as the ATR has a very heavy bonnet and you would save a lot of kilograms with the carbon bonnet.

I would spend my money on other things for our car.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Would only have one on a heavily modified car and I think your car definitely fits into that category. Looks much better on black but I think it would suit your car with the GP pack and the black Mugen intakes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bit off topic but seeing as we are talking about bonnets, I remember watching the first Fast and Furious and saw this civic with a semi transparant section on the hood where you can see the engine. I thought it looked well cool, but thats just me.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its bling but i like it my money i would get the fd2 cams
I do want FD2 Cams, and the cams themselves are the same price as the bonnet, but its the labour that kills it, especially when the only place I can get to do them is TDI North and as skilled the TDI North guys are the labour rates are double what I pay locally and your looking at another £500 just for fitting

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bit off topic but seeing as we are talking about bonnets, I remember watching the first Fast and Furious and saw this civic with a semi transparant section on the hood where you can see the engine. I thought it looked well cool, but thats just me.
I remember seeing a letter in Banazai about those bonnets, apparently in the states you can get full on clear perspex bonnets!

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
I think it would look great on your car.
Which one would you go for the vented or oe style?

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Just OE, I do like the vented one but the OE Seibon is cheaper :)

I have the vented one on my list cos the cut out matches the shapes Im adding

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
personally, I like the contrast of a carbon bonnet on a MR car better than on a NHB
it is a 'tiny' bit lighter than OEM if you ever wanted to justify the mod as a weight saving exercise. But we all know its for bling factor more than anything haha.

I have a seibon one on MR, if you do get one I advise that you slam it shut rather than pushing it down to close, pushing seems to cause the surface coat to flex and crack.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ended up ordering a FRP J's Bonnet from Sumo Power, next question is - should I carbon wrap it or paint it? I've also got the Mugen Fenders on order, what do you guys think of wrapping them the same as the bonnet.

Making it look abit like this:

The main reason I'm tempted to do this is cos I'm sick of stone chips, If I paint the bonnet and wings again there'll only get chipped, unless I get that venture shield clear plastic fitted and thats not cheap

1 - 20 of 33 Posts