2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took delivery of the new bonnet for the FN2/New shaped Civics.
Fitment and quality is very good.
The vented bonnet is shown in the pictures. The OEM has been on my car for some time and also commercially available now.

The vents are blocked off but you could make them out of mesh easy enough or even angle the one on the passenger side down to divert air straight at your HKS intake.

Vented ones retail at £595.00
OEM Style are available at £550

Prices include VAT at local UK Rate of 20%. Subtract this if you are outside of the EC. ;)

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Looks great! :) fitment looks perfect too, how long will it take to fit? Will it be easy enough to create a mesh for the vents to open them?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took about an hour and half to fit.
Had to drill a few holes to fit the weather strip on the leading edge but no biggie.
Mesh wouldnt be a problem. Just need to source something that suits.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Hello to you too :-D ha ha

Attachments

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Whats the wieght saving for one of these babies?

Loving the CF bonnet!!!!

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
really want one of these :) hmm wonder how it'd look on my silver ctr with black wheels

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Well done TDI, the bonnet does look good. Personaly i woud prefer a bonnet in the same color of the car.

Would love to see some vented fenders coming out next...

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Nicked from Kimo:

pretty nice :) need to get myself a grand prix front splitter and some carbon wrap i reckon aswel

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
somehow i find this very cheap looking, looks very chav due to the endings not flowing over in the design of the car, ive seen these before on a Prelude at my work which looked also very chav, which is a shame as i love Carbon

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
somehow i find this very cheap looking, looks very chav due to the endings not flowing over in the design of the car, ive seen these before on a Prelude at my work which looked also very chav, which is a shame as i love Carbon
What do you mean exactly endings not flowing over?
If it's the leading edge it's because I have a mugen grill and that does stick out slightly more than a normal grill

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I think they look good & price seems good too.

I'd have liked to see it come with black mesh fitted as standard & the holes for the Gruppe M scoop on the underside

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
What do you mean exactly endings not flowing over?
If it's the leading edge it's because I have a mugen grill and that does stick out slightly more than a normal grill
no thats not what i ment, but the original bonnet has harder edges, sharper, this looks cheap because it doesnt follow these edges

1 - 20 of 29 Posts