2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Following on from this thread http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/96610-carbon-door-handle-covers.html I have been talking to Chris at Carbonworx. You can find them on Facebook. They make carbon fibre parts and also skin parts in real carbon fibre.

They are moving to a new premises and able to make more of their own products. As above the real carbon Seeker door handle covers are £250 from Injection Imports. Chris has told me he will be able to do a set for £130 delivered. He needs 10 people and £30 deposits. He will buy the Seeker cover and use them for his mold, so they should be the same fitament as the Seeker Covers.

If people are interested in these please reply here and I can let him know of there is interest in these. Please see his Facebook page for examples of his work.

Thanks
Glyn

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody interested???

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I might be, I need to have a think. Dunno if it'll suit a Milano..

You know we'll need a carbon fuel cap cover to match don't ya ;)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The product is a Carbonworx product, it isn't sold as a seeker replica, it's just using the seeker to make a mold to ensure good fitament. I'm just trying to help people out as it was mentioned before that people like them but they seem too expensive. The Carbonworx ones are half the price.

If anyone was worried about them being stolen I guess you could bond them on.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
What about making them out of the actual handle part that breaks, so people can replace them with this rather than having a stick on option?

Just a thought :D

·
regrets his username
7,983 Posts
Carbon fibre steering wheel cover is what im really after (to match my carbon dash panels) there's one available but only for the standard wheel, be very grateful if he could make one of those :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
What do you mean by standard wheel? Will it fit mine?! :D I've not seen these.

Soz for the OT post, peeps

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chris has said a mold of the handle would be fine for creating a new handle, but they would be a lot more expensive than the covers.

I guess if enough people were interested he would consider it. For now though the plan is for covers

1 - 20 of 60 Posts