2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i have a suction kit set up at home now and going to start working on a few carbon fibre bits of the engine bay and maybe work up to something slightly larger.

Will be doing fuse box cover, engine cover and maybe some other parts and possible wing mirror covers too.

Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I will be able to get some moulds together and see if these come out in good quality.

If they were to be decent would anyone be willing to buy them and what prices would you be looking at.

I was thinking 20-30 for a full carbon fuse box cover and 30ish for wingmirror covers.

hopefully with a bit more experience in working with carbon fibre i will be able to start making interior parts aswell.

Hvae quite alot of knowledge working with fibreglass - audio installs, custom door cards etc so hoping this will help.

Hoping that crowmar will be able to provide some useful insights into this aswell.

Hopefully first moulds will be ready for the 1st weekend in feb but will have to see how things go with work.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Fuse box cover for me to 100 percent and wing mirror covers ass long ass i keep my bonnet carbon

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the positive replies - i will start off with the fuse box cover and door handles.

For the handles i think it would be easier making a shell that could be either clipped around the existing handle or stuck onto it.

As for the armrest i think i will try to get a few simple parts out the way first to get a feel for it then i will look into more complex parts.

Interior parts are also on the cards but want to get the process sorted on the more simple parts so that I can get the hang of it.

Have ordered more materials for making moulds aswell so should be able to have a few attempts at a fuse box cover over the weekend.

Have also been requested to make a vortex generator out of fibreglass that I will be looknig into over the next couple of weeks.

Please be patient as I am fitting this in around work, planning a wedding and several holidays so i expect fuse box moulds to be fully finished by next weekend and then i am holiday for a week so carbon boxes for the 2nd - 3rd week of Feb.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
If you did a good vortex generator id want one !!

So long as it was a good fit and not huge fins :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you did a good vortex generator id want one !!

So long as it was a good fit and not huge fins :rolleyes:
if i get it right will be similar to the Evo one you posted a link to a while back.

Will be fibreglass only and will need to be bonded onto the car.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
That would be mega ;) how much would you be looking at ?

What's the chances of a CF one in the future ?? haha

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That would be mega ;) how much would you be looking at ?

What's the chances of a CF one in the future ?? haha
I would expecting pricewise of about £100 to cover my costs and time it takes to make it - will be primered and ready to paint.

I woudlnt rule out a CF version in the future but this is quite a tricky one to make due to the fins - they distort the weave significantly so getting it to line up properly will take alot of patience and skill and without a proper vaccum mould I dont think it would be possible- i will certainly try it tho and see what happens.

or as Rowbo said you can wrap it or alternatively you could give it to JPC as they are doing carbon dipping - not sure how well this works tho but looking at some of the pictures it looks like a good way of carbonising trickier parts

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Forgive my ignorance what is a Vortex Generator...?

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
it goes on the roof ,there is a pic of a civic with one on here just stunning
Redirect Notice

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.