2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys!

I've got a FK2 1.8 Sport (without Sat Nav) and I'm thinking about install a carPC. My main issue is where to put the monitor..

I think the best should be to use the Sat Nav screen, so I've got two questions for you:

1) in your opinion, is it possible to install the Sat Nav screen (just the screen) on Sports ?

I mean, maybe I can remove the audio / aircon display on my Sport and replace it with the two EX monitors, the "big one" should be connected to the carPC and the "small" one to my audio/aircon system...

2) is it possible to connect the Sport's audio/aircon system to the EX audio/aircon display? (maybe using some adapters..)

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it's definitely a great job!:cool:

but I would like to keep the original audio system...
anyone knows if it's possible to remove the audio/aircon display on Sports and replace it with the two EX monitors ?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
yes, it's definitely a great job!:cool:

but I would like to keep the original audio system...
anyone knows if it's possible to remove the audio/aircon display on Sports and replace it with the two EX monitors ?
Vey difficult as the dash in the EX is different. The triangle piece next to the display is larger and the middle top dash panel is deeper. Hard to describle, have a look at your local dealer and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh..you guys are so advanced with your caprc-tft-mods :)
I installed my screen to center air vents with brodit clip mount. So basically that doesn't look like integrated tft system, but I think it works very well and for me...it looks good ;)

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
silly question, but i never understood the need for a carpc? Is it to watch dvd's or access internet? I cant imagine running excel for some spreadsheet analysis in my spaceship ;-)

If its internet, ive got an unlimited thingy on my mobile imo it does the job. So what will you be using a carpc for?

Might it not be cheaper to buy a 2nd hand ultraportable laptop on ebay for 200 quid ie sony tx1 or tx2? Weighs less than 1kg, and its the nutz..

·
Registered
120 Posts
"Spaceship Iced up now! wahaay! loads of piccies!
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-m...cs-inside.html"....

Well, there are so many of us "icing up" our own Civics. Somebody could ask why to do all that audio tuning for a car. ;)

I'm using my carpc for internet, email, mp3's and videos. Ofcourse you can do that all with Nokia communicator..

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
despot this chap Шуга seems like a bit a of tech wiz -wow!

I can see now that it makes sense if you are going to have a car pc to make sure you get a touch screen, instead of a normal screen, run some kind of menu system on it so everything is accessable via a single touch, ie mp3, dvd, satnav, rear parking camera view, emails etc - then you dont need a keyboard or mouse! I'm beggining to like the idea...

·
Registered
63 Posts
That thing looks like a fire hazzard, would never install a custom pc in my car, I'm a bit of a geek but it's just too much faf.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi,

I´m thinking in the same project as you, but viewing the Electronic parts catalogue, it seems to be that the piece where are the two screens in EX (little LCD with Aircon-radio info and 7" LCD) is sold entirely for 1300€. I just want the plastic piece without the 7" LCD, just with the small LCD screen, to put in the 7" hole a Lilliput-Xenarc 7" VGA screen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts