2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to ask this question, hopefully some nice people can help me here at this forum :)

I bought a new Honda civic and it has Apple Carplay. Works great with the cable... but in 2021 using a cable while the civic has a wireless charging station is quite crazy.

I checked Amazon and other places and I found some Dongles that you can connect and then the Iphone connects via Bluetooth to them for 125-150$.

Are these things good? Do they work properly and without problems? Anyone can recommend one?
Or do these things just make problems and sticking to a cable is just the better idea.

Thanks for the help :)

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,677 Posts
I thought the latest Honda headunit had both USB and wireless CarPlay as standard. The latest Jazz/Fit certainly has so you shouldn't need a dongle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to ask this question, hopefully some nice people can help me here at this forum :)

I bought a new Honda civic and it has Apple Carplay. Works great with the cable... but in 2021 using a cable while the civic has a wireless charging station is quite crazy.

I checked Amazon and other places and I found some Dongles that you can connect and then the Iphone connects via Bluetooth to them for 125-150$.

Are these things good? Do they work properly and without problems? Anyone can recommend one?
Or do these things just make problems and sticking to a cable is just the better idea.

Thanks for the help :)
Carlinkit 3.0 works exactly as advertised- Civic X 2020 . Never thought I'd find a wireless carplay adapter that would actually work, but this thing actually works! Setup couldn't have been easier, literally just plug in and play. I didn't even update it. I didn't run into any issues that other people were having, and I honestly don't know how anyone could mess up the set up.

I have noticed that sometimes there's a slight delay in audio (maybe a second or two) between when Spotify changes song to when audio actually comes through, but that's it, that's the only issue I've noticed and honestly isn't a big deal at all of me.

If you have a factory installed radio in your car, you will have no problems with this adapter. Wish I bought this sooner, and definitely worth the money

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,677 Posts
As I said, before you go buying any dongle check that you have activated Carplay wireless :

You shouldn't need any dongle with the 11G Infotainment unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts