2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving up north last night, so I thought I'd connect her iPhone for her. Plugged it in, it asked if I want to enable it once or always. I picked always. On the phone, I was asked if the car should be able to access the phone in the background. I said yes. The status bar of the phone was blue, showing a connection for a while.

But, the "Smartphone" button on the main menu never changed to CarPlay. Pressing it just said check that the phone is connected by USB. So, I tried deleting and re-configuring it. Changing the wire, nothing worked. I then tried my phone and it didn't work either (it previously has, so I know it's set up correctly).

Nothing would make CarPlay work for me. I don't think there's a way of resetting it either - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife is back, I plugged my phone in and it just worked. The pending app update was the app loader itself. I tried three times, and each time after confirming permissions, it started installing and just exited. No idea if it's important or not ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts