2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut a long story short, my girlfriend yesterday very kindly decided our type r needed a clean. So she took it through the carwash and dried it with paper towels :(

With it being NHB it now looks like it's been raped with wire wool, I have given the car a clay, polish and wax which has made it shine but as soon as you get up close it looks awful. Can you suggest anything??? If not my mate owns a bodyshop so might have to have a machine polish

Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Cut a long story short, my girlfriend yesterday very kindly decided our type r needed a clean. So she took it through the carwash and dried it with paper towels :(

With it being NHB it now looks like it's been raped with wire wool, I have given the car a clay, polish and wax which has made it shine but as soon as you get up close it looks awful. Can you suggest anything??? If not my mate owns a bodyshop so might have to have a machine polish

Thank you in advance
Go see your mate

Reactions: misterk

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get a new girlfriend... ;)
I must be honest it did cross my mind, especially when she had a go at me for not being grateful!!!!

Tom8126. Yea think I will he has offered to do the whole car for £80 which is quite cheap :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I must be honest it did cross my mind, especially when she had a go at me for not being grateful!!!!
:facepalm:
I would get her best shoes and give them to a homeless person then when she gets mad just say they will be fine after a good wash. :p

But in all fairness maybe when you handed her the keys for the first time you should have gone over a few ground rules. Hope you get it sorted mate.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
It need polishing
If your mate has amachine polisher..Use him
Merzerna Finishing polish will probably see of the swirls
Make sure he doesnt use an aggressive polish.
Honda paint is very soft

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It need polishing
If your mate has amachine polisher..Use him
Merzerna Finishing polish will probably see of the swirls
Make sure he doesnt use an aggressive polish.
Honda paint is very soft

Lucky for me he is a honda approved repairer so he has already informed me of how soft the paint is and how it took him months to get used to machine polishing them as her recons it completely different to doing any other car :)

murray she just couldnt understand why i was so wound up, when she came out with the words "its only a car" i just walked away and hid in the pub!!! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Lucky for me he is a honda approved repairer so he has already informed me of how soft the paint is and how it took him months to get used to machine polishing them as her recons it completely different to doing any other car :)

murray she just couldnt understand why i was so wound up, when she came out with the words "its only a car" i just walked away and hid in the pub!!! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]
Shes only a gf get her replaced for an upgraded model :lol:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shes only a gf get her replaced for an upgraded model :lol:
can't i have got to keep her as she owns half the car :( on the bright side she is also paying half towards a supercharger later on this year :cool:

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I'm no expert on car washing but some of the things you see make you shudder.

Bloke next door uses a dish cloth, one bucket of water with washing up liquid and washes it dry from the sills upwards. Chucks two buckets of water over it and that's him for six months.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'm no expert on car washing but some of the things you see make you shudder.

Bloke next door uses a dish cloth, one bucket of water with washing up liquid and washes it dry from the sills upwards. Chucks two buckets of water over it and that's him for six months.
To be fair, that was me with my Ford Fiesta, and I still do it on my wife's lease car if she doesn't fancy driving down to the automatic car wash.

However for the Civic we both understand that only I wash it! ;)

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
However for the Civic we both understand that only I wash it! ;)
Lmao Now thatis what I call a good Mrs...............Mine simply understands this you mess with the black i mess with the shoes:facepalm:!!!

Once she opened the door into a wall and 1 month later she was still apologising lol

Hope you get the car sorted and yes I'd be down to the dealers to get her (the Mrs) px'd. See if you can her changed under warranty lmao:p defective ecu or somet like that;):worms::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lmao Now thatis what I call a good Mrs...............Mine simply understands this you mess with the black i mess with the shoes:facepalm:!!!

Once she opened the door into a wall and 1 month later she was still apologising lol

Hope you get the car sorted and yes I'd be down to the dealers to get her (the Mrs) px'd. See if you can her changed under warranty lmao:p defective ecu or somet like that;):worms::rolleyes:

I tried the dealers but they said my warranty is void due to being tampered with (she's pregnant) might try and sell her, I'm sure I can convince someone it's an extra air bag :D

How much does a high mileage pregnant size 10 model go for?? Haven't got any previous mot's but in good condition with no rust (she's not ginger) :angel::angel:

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I tried the dealers but they said my warranty is void due to being tampered with (she's pregnant) might try and sell her, I'm sure I can convince someone it's an extra air bag :D

How much does a high mileage pregnant size 10 model go for?? Haven't got any previous mot's but in good condition with no rust (she's not ginger) :angel::angel:
If she is anything like a volvo the mileage won't be an issue:worms:.... petrol or diesel? What's the bhp on one of em cos I'm sure mine (she is a 1.2 by the way) is only a measly 80bhp:facepalm:

Thank god she doesn't look on the forum

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bhp varies depending on mood, some days you can do as you wish and she plods around, other days just say morning and she's staight into the tec and on the limiter through to breakfast :eek:

I'm afraid she's nothing like a Volvo more like a s2000, sleek elegant and ready to stuff you face first into a tree at the slightest sign of being abused :p
On the bright side the air bags are easily put back after being deployed :)

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
If you're struggling to find somewhere to sell her maybe pop her on eBay, someone will have a bid ;)

Joking aside, after a good machine polish it will be as good as new mate :popcorn2: Mine gets done in April and it really needs it :facepalm:, good luck with the sale :worms:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.