2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo this is a bit of a downgrade from my Evo, but I needed something a bit more economical and with the price of regular unleaded fuel dropping think it's a good choice.

Went for the FN2 because I've already had an EP2 and loved it but these new shape CTRs are sick looking IMO. These cars get a serious amount of hate and I really can't work out why?? I think a lot of it has to do with that **** review JC gave it on Top Gear. Yes it's heavier than the EP3 and yes it does have torsion beam rear suspension, but it honestly drive brilliantly!

I decided to go for the lighter non-GT model as I really didn't need the extra stuff it came with (AC, dual climate control, cruise control, fog lights etc etc) because I don't believe any type r should have all that unnecessary weight! Anyway it's obviously a lot slower than the evo but it does have that old classic hot hatch feeling that I love where you can chuck it round a corner and power out the other side!

The car itself is in what I would say is very very good condition. With a few wee bits and a visit to PMG it will be sitting mint! Have a few plans to make this car stick out like a sore thumb and one of them parts has already been ordered

Should be a fun wee project!!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so have done a few wee bits to the car, just small wee things like LED interior lights,number plate lights and sidelights. Today I threw in a set of 6000k HIDs to get rid of them horrible yellow lights. Look pretty decent I think. Have a set for the full beams here aswell so will put them in some day im bored!

Pics:

Also.....*spoiler alert* ;) ;)

Mugen style spoiler! The fitment of this is excellent which tbh I wasnt expecting as it was the cheapest replica one out there! It was bought from an ebay store called Super-GT-shop I think. Been quoted £120 for painting so will be getting that done next week fingers crossed!

In the coming months I will be ordering the Mugen rear splitter aswell as either a Mugen front splitter or a GP front splitter.

Have a few other wee plans to make this stand out :)

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Good effort there.....spoiler looks to be a good fit. Never heard of that ebay seller and I'd have avoided anything bar Type-R kits but good on you for giving something different a try, seems to have worked out well :)

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye everyone I've talked to said the Type R Kits one was the best about but wanted one without the wee recess for the Mugen badge The fit is great but it needs to be sanded and primed. Think the TRK ones come primed and ready for paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts