2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Castrol edge vs gulf oil and service kit

Servicing 
5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  leebert1988 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm servicing the derv my self this year and had a quick look on opie oils for my options but come up with a strange one. Castrol edge has come up as a standard oil but gulf oil has come up as an upgrade oil but works out cheaper. Any idea why or know which would be the best to use ? See the link below to see what I mean
Opie Oils - car oil and motorbike oil sales and recommendations

Also I'm ordering a service kit of ebay and wondered if any one knows if its cheaper any where else

Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel Service Kit (2006-2010) Genuine | eBay

Thanks in advance lee :)

#2 ·
Cox are doing it at 99 + VAT but this includes 6Litres of 0w 30 Castrol Edge

#3 ·
Cox also doing just the service kit for £65.71 or with 6 ltrs of Mobil 1 ESP 0w30 for £119.71, free delivery if you spend over £70.00

I recently did just an oil change and went for the Gulf oil as the oilman said this is premium oil, best oil to use as its esther based. Also worked out cheaper than castrol like you say.

#5 ·
Free delivery over £70 from Cox.... and 6litres of Castrol Edge which retails at £47+VAT... I think its a pretty good deal and peace of mind that its all from the dealers...

I think £119 for the full lot delivered free is a good deal... in fact, I think you can't do it cheaper unless you scrimp on oil or go for pattern parts.

#7 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.