2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks ago I installed a Milltek non res catback. So far, I've been a little underwhelmed by the noise. Apart from a deep note between 3-4000 RPM and burbles when changing gear, it's not much louder than the OEM catback imo.

Anyway, I've read that after a break-in period, the noise can get louder. Has anyone with a Milltek catback (or any others) experienced a noticeable difference?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Definetly noticed a difference on OEM manifold and cat but it really comes alive on a race header.

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
Are you running any induction kit? Mine is loud.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything is standard apart from the catback. I actually paid closer to £600 for mines, I personally don't think it is worth it. It's my own fault really, the only other one I was considering was a Martelius, but it was slightly too loud! Don't get me wrong, it is a nicer sound...but not as loud as I would like. It's nice on a cold start, and I love the burbles changing gear, but I would like it a tad louder.

·
4,275 Posts
You got a straight pipe under the driver door or a silencer as they're £500-550 non-res (may've gone up with brexit) and the extra sound is definetly noticeable even on OEM manifold.

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Thing is with milltek. They are supposed to be quiet compared to the other brands. You may still be able to get close to your money back if you sell the cat back on here, then buy something slightly louder? Maybe js 60rs? Or have more balls than me and go for the marty :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you sure your didn't get the resonated version? as my none resonated is very loud.
Lol Andy that's insulting. I think I know I got the Non Res as they are the only one Milltek produce now. It is 'louder', but I think I'm still young enough to want Marty or J'S loud!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thing is with milltek. They are supposed to be quiet compared to the other brands. You may still be able to get close to your money back if you sell the cat back on here, then buy something slightly louder? Maybe js 60rs? Or have more balls than me and go for the marty :p
If anyone wants to buy it it'll be nearly new lol

The J'S sounds the best for me, proper rally car note! I was so close to going for the Marty, my early starts in a Cul De Sac and daily driving put me off. I think you're right, my Milltek sounds nice , I think if I want a bit more sound I'll need a race header.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got a straight pipe under the driver door or a silencer as they're £500-550 non-res (may've gone up with brexit) and the extra sound is definetly noticeable even on OEM manifold.
Yea they have went up , I choose a bad time to buy one. Not sure what the first part of your post means though.

·
4,275 Posts
Yea they have went up , I choose a bad time to buy one. Not sure what the first part of your post means though.
Same as Andy's post really mate, the resonated one comes with a silencer under the driver's door section and is not much louder than OEM. You've already answered it though in your previous post ;)

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
The milltek non res is quite loud. Res and teg are louder than stock but not hugely and the marty is very loud. Not sure what has happened for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The milltek non res is quite loud. Res and teg are louder than stock but not hugely and the marty is very loud. Not sure what has happened for you.
I would call the Martelius and J'S loud. Don't got me wrong, I like the sound my Milltek makes, it is 100% an improvement. Its makes it suitable for daily driving. I wouldn't have been able to live with martelius everyday, so I probably made the best choice for my circumstances with the Milltek non-res.

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
Imo the oem exhaust is a little quiet. I've heard in the flesh the milltek non res (my own), the tegiwa and the martelius. They all make a nice sound but you can tell the difference between each. I'm happy with my choice.
Also, with induction and re mapping I think it is definitely louder than when I had the exhaust on first with everything else oem.

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
If you like loud = HKS RSK
I'm running gruppe m, been on for 8 months. With my ongoing plans I'll probably be selling in the next month ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you like loud = HKS RSK
I'm running gruppe m, been on for 8 months. With my ongoing plans I'll probably be selling in the next month ;)
HKS seems the best shout, not to expensive either considering I paid over the tops for my catback lol

It may be my next mod, Ill assume it isn't not difficult to install. Im not the most car savy, so if I cant install my mechanic sure could.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts