2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one experienced problems with mud flaps catching sleeping policemen? They only catch on the type they use in Mc Donald’s they are made from individual rubber blocks that are bolted to the floor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what are sleeping policemen? Obviously not what I think they are (It must be illigal to drive over those)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks TTDegs, is there a fix for this or are people just putting up with it?
It's perfectly normal behaviour - it will be the AMEWS (Advanced McDonald's Early Warning System) doing its job

It's a standard feature of the Civic to try and prevent it going to a maccy D's ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's perfectly normal behaviour - it will be the AMEWS (Advanced McDonald's Early Warning System) doing its job

It's a standard feature of the Civic to try and prevent it going to a maccy D's ;)

Or in my case an early weight warning, so if I loose a couple of stone it won’t happen?[smilie=upyeah.gif]

·
Premium Member
72 Posts

I'm lovin' it [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Brilliant feature that is obviously not working on my EX at the moment and caught us out the first time we went for a spin - I refused to allow any kind of takeaway in my new baby!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Recently I have checked the mud flaps on an old model Civic and the flaps are made from a much softer compound more like rubber and mine are very hard plastic.
I think this is the problem the soft rubber will be flexible and not damage the trim, where the hard plastic will.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
It's all a ploy to keep dealers in business.

Painted bumpers (I say bumpers but that is no longer the case as you can't)

Arch trim destroying front mudflaps

Easy scratch dashboards

etc

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
mine got caught and pushed the drivers side front wing panel up and towards the drivers door.
When i got out the car, noticed the door was squeaking (rubbing on something).When i had enoght light to look at it, the panel had been pushed into the door, bending the panel slightly.

I bent the panel back away from the door, but where the door and panel were rubbing, there is still a lack of paint, honda say its not under warranty.

I say, let it rust out before warranty runs out then let them fix it at twice the cost!

·
Registered
331 Posts
ref .catching mudflaps,have just gone over speed bump(coming out of pub would you believe) and yes something went bang and the mudflap/wheel trim as become dislodged from sill! Question,is it diy fix I dont know if anything has broken or just unclipped.Am going to ask dealer about it - it could get regular.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
ref .catching mudflaps,have just gone over speed bump(coming out of pub would you believe) and yes something went bang and the mudflap/wheel trim as become dislodged from sill! Question,is it diy fix I dont know if anything has broken or just unclipped.Am going to ask dealer about it - it could get regular.
Happened to me, dealer fixed as some of the clips were broken (no charge)
I have since removed the front mud flaps and have had no further problems.:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts