2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here she is.

Collected her on Thursday 30th September 2010 so shes been in my possession for a little over three weeks. I havnt been able to get any real photos of her yet as I damaged my camera on holiday so its been in for repair BUT I finally got it back last week. Finding the time to give her a good clean is another story though so I STRESS these photos were taken after a very QUICK clean, literally spend 45 mins (quick wash, dry and finish).

Specifation:
2007 '57' NHB FN2 Type R GT NAV+HFT
28k miles
2 previous owners (first being Honda dealer as its an Ex-Demo)
Usual GT Refinements
Cruise Control
Climate Control
Hands Free kit
Reverse Parking sensors
Auto lights
Auto Wipers
Etc...

I'm still getting to grips with using my camera; for those interested its a Fuji S100FS Digital Compact. The quality of all the photo's isnt great but I'm still very new to the world of photography.

My Previous cars are as follows
Vauxhall Corsa B (First car at the age of 17)
Volkswagen Golf MKIV
MINI Cooper.

I'd owned my MINI for 3 years and it was unfortunately written off. In short - A young girl failed to give way to me as I crossed a roundabout and proceded to plow into my front n/s. This somehow caused an Electrical fault and my car caught fire within 15 mins and burned to a crisp.

So my MINI went from this:

To this:

And to say I was gutted is a gross understatement. I was literally in tears, especially as I had to watch her being loaded onto her hearse and taken away to her final resting place.

So when replacement time came around I innevitably toyed around with the idea of getting another MINI. I had my eye on a couple of Cooper S's and test drove a few as it was a logical upgrade from mine and I was now in a position to insure one reasonably (given that I'm a bit older).

I'd also been and test drove a couple of DC5 Integra's which I was wholely impressed with but I'd always been drawn towards the FN2 CTR. Purely for its image and the dash board/**** pit set up. The performance hadn't entered my mind but until I'd driven a DC5. I made a deal with myself that if the FN2 drive was remotely comparable to that of the DC5 then thats the car I'd have, and it was.

The main reason I opted against the DC5 in the end was because I've got a 2 year old daughter and I just felt this was much more family friendly when you consider the back seat and boot space there is and also because my other half does drive my car from time to time (as a treat when I let her) and I wasnt sold on the thought of her driving a DC5 with my daughter in the back lol. Its family friendly but once I'm in the car on my own, its true ambition can then be fulfilled which, at the age of 23 makes it a pretty perfect car for me.

I'm completely sold on the car. Theres the odd niggle but nothing that remotely puts me off or makes me regret buying it. The power is insane and its delivery is so smooth and relentless.

When I was looking at FN2's I opted against going for one with Rage alloys as I didnt want the ride to be too firm when I do have my daughter in the back but I've since changed my mind and I think I'll soon be on the market for a set and also a GP kit.

Niggle-wise, theres the obligatory stone chips but fortunately for me I have been able to get hold of an un-used Dr Colourchip pack (Courtesy of R-2, thanks again Andrea!) so when the weather picks up I'll give it a good go.

Anyhoo, that'll do for now.

All comments on the car and photo's are of course welcome, positive or not.

Thanks Guys!

Chris.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
So here she is.

Collected her on Thursday 30th October 2010 so shes been in my possession for a little over three weeks.

Chris.
Car looks great mate, but you havent collected the beast yet :p good to see another civ in nottingham, especially an R

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Wow thats amazingly shiny for a quick clean. Looks lovely.
Hope you get some good results with the Dr Colourchip kit. The reason i never got round to using it....... i was waiting for some decent weather too ;)

Your poor mini. That really must have been heartbreaking :(

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Hope you have a long happy motoring life with the Civic, be sure to wave/beep if you see me

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thats amazingly shiny for a quick clean. Looks lovely.
Hope you get some good results with the Dr Colourchip kit. The reason i never got round to using it....... i was waiting for some decent weather too ;)

Your poor mini. That really must have been heartbreaking :(
I think its camera trickery to be honest! Some of the photos it looks awful lol.

Words cannot describe how gutted I was about my mini. The irritating thing was that the initial collision was relatively minor. It happened 300 yards from my house so I managed to get it home, get inside and then 5 minutes later I smelt something burning, looked out the window and there it was...

Hope you have a long happy motoring life with the Civic, be sure to wave/beep if you see me
I will do! What part of Nottingham are you from?

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
I thought I recognised those gates... Is that the Uni?!

Welcome... Great car... Great colour!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
lol no im not the bearer of bad news, i saw it advertised and it's quite local to me and i thought it was very well priced with it being from a franchised dealer and sat nav & HFT, they also had a 59 plate up for sale.

I bought mine from JCT600 peugeot Hull, have you had any problems with it? did they budge on price, did you get any perks

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Flesh and Bones

luuuurrvly motor mate, you must have been gutted when the other went up in flames.....could have been worse, you and the family could have been in it!
Remember when i was Your age , long time ago but iv a good memory:D
cars were my pride and joy, "call me what you like but touch by Baby (car) and i'll have yer head off" that was me, now with the job that i do it makes you realise the metal wires and rubber can be replaced and lives cant.
Never mind you are gettin a new motor and its a cracker trust me:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
422 Posts

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
P.S. Photo's look great too:D

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol no im not the bearer of bad news, i saw it advertised and it's quite local to me and i thought it was very well priced with it being from a franchised dealer and sat nav & HFT, they also had a 59 plate up for sale.

I bought mine from JCT600 peugeot Hull, have you had any problems with it? did they budge on price, did you get any perks
They didnt budge a huge amount but they did some. As you've said though the car was initally very fairly priced so I wasnt particularly out to drive the price down any further. In terms of perks, 2 new tyres, 6 months tax, full years MOT (when its due), extended 6 month warrenty, AutoGlym LifeShine pack, fuel, think thats about it though. How about yourself when buying yours?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
luuuurrvly motor mate, you must have been gutted when the other went up in flames.....could have been worse, you and the family could have been in it!
Remember when i was Your age , long time ago but iv a good memory:D
cars were my pride and joy, "call me what you like but touch by Baby (car) and i'll have yer head off" that was me, now with the job that i do it makes you realise the metal wires and rubber can be replaced and lives cant.
Never mind you are gettin a new motor and its a cracker trust me:D:D:D
Cheers Pal, and I think I know what you mean work wise...

I have actually got her alread. I mate a bit of a blunder with the dates in my first post lol.

Woodthorpe, how about you?
Hucknall. I work a lot around Woodthorpe so I'll keep my eyes peeled though I wont be in my Civic.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
lol, i didnt get any sort of deal at all tbh. i p/x'd my 2002 corsa, its done 107k miles, they give me £1k for it. they give me £10 of fuel and gave me GAP insurance.

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
nice pics mate, shame about the mini, but your in a better car now :)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Great choice of car (and colour :)). Looks pretty good even if it has only had a "quick" clean. Enjoy

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome to the Fn2 club Chris. Shame to see your mini go up in flames like that. So when's the modding Start ;) ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts