2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My civic is Crystal Black Pearl but I was wondering if I were to buy a type r bodykit in nighthawk black, would there be a noticeable colour difference between the bodywork and the splitters, or is it hardly noticeable at all??

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
you could prob get away with it as its not like a door which is going to lay flat next to each other.

Reactions: ez_rolla

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Car Body shop that did color coding for me.. they used crystal black, not a NHB color (they had to re-paint it :D ) and when I looked closely I could see the difference. BUT! - looked closely, otherwise you won't see any difference.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Only noticeable in sunlight and at the right angle. You could have a Deep Bronze Pearl car with NHB splitters at night and not even notice, but it'll stand right out in daylight

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay that's great thanks guys. I think the answer is get one in primer then and get is sprayed.

Thanks all for your input - much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
AFAIK you can't get em in primed state, they're supplied in painted colours with different part codes representing each colour.

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Hi,

My civic is Crystal Black Pearl but I was wondering if I were to buy a type r bodykit in nighthawk black, would there be a noticeable colour difference between the bodywork and the splitters, or is it hardly noticeable at all??
+1,

I was just about to ask same question mate! (but the other way around, i have NHB car and crystal black kit)

Wanna swap? lol! :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol! I don't actually have the kit mate but would if I did!

I just saw a kit in NHB and most of them seem to be NHB to be honest. Maybe I should just stay on the hunt and get it piece by piece....

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Lol! I don't actually have the kit mate but would if I did!

I just saw a kit in NHB and most of them seem to be NHB to be honest. Maybe I should just stay on the hunt and get it piece by piece....
Haha,

Im doing the same thing mate, you will find LOADS of front and rear bumpers on ebay, no problem,

However, Arches and side skirts are like gold dust!

I think im going to have to resort to buying form Honda :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Christ you must be desperate if you wanna get ripped off by a main dealer!

You're right though front and rear splitters are all over the shop. There was a guy on the sale thread selling a full kit primed for 4 ton. Sold now though I was too late! Damn! Still even if I got it I'm looking about 7-800 quid total cost to buy and spray. I wanna upgrade my sound so it's a toss up at the minute between external and internal mods!

I've seen someone actually who kept standard skirts colour coded them and just put on front and rear type r splitters - and it didn't look that bad. If I was doing it though think it would annoy me too much not having the skirts!

Gonna keep my eye out for them elusive bargains!...

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
Christ you must be desperate if you wanna get ripped off by a main dealer!

You're right though front and rear splitters are all over the shop. There was a guy on the sale thread selling a full kit primed for 4 ton. Sold now though I was too late! Damn! Still even if I got it I'm looking about 7-800 quid total cost to buy and spray. I wanna upgrade my sound so it's a toss up at the minute between external and internal mods!

I've seen someone actually who kept standard skirts colour coded them and just put on front and rear type r splitters - and it didn't look that bad. If I was doing it though think it would annoy me too much not having the skirts!

Gonna keep my eye out for them elusive bargains!...
Not if i get there first lol!!

·
Derv Devil
1,164 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts