2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading other post about pedals, here's an issue (?) I have:
When you set Cruise Control - I need to keep my foot off the gas pedal, and there is no real place to 'rest' it. If I move foot more to back, to have it solid on floor - this is quite dangerous in case of need for emergency breaking.
So, what do you do?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
That's a good one.

Keep my foot above the gas pedal, and when there is not much traffic I move my foot more to the back to have it on solid floor.
I also see this as a problem, but think you have this with most cars...

·
Banned
477 Posts
Just rest my foot on the floor, close to the brake pedal. And not use the CC in city traffic but on good-sighted motorways where you don't normally have any emergency. On such a motorway the most probable emergency to have is a tyre blow, and using the brakes is not the first thing to do then...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
As the manual says, only use it on motorways that are running smoothly, not in rural areas. Saying that, I often set mine on long 30mph stretches just to keep the speed under check (my god it makes people behind angry actually doing 30!) or on 40 or 50mph DCs.

Whenever I have mine set, my right foot is poised over the brake ready to use it just in case. When the road really is clear enough, I sometims rest my foot flat on the floor in front of the pedals so I can get to them fast if I need to.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Agreed that doing 30 drives people behind crazy!
But is this because (using the sat nav diagnostic menu), we're all doing 3mph less than is displayed - hence the car behind has 27 on their speedo!
Wondered what was going on when I was doing 85 (ish) and was being overtaken by a Citroen doing 82 (could see their speedo).
Should save us from licence points though!

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Surely a foot rest for the right foot would be equally as dangerous as resting your foot on the floor? I agree its not ideal but can you imagine lifting your left foot off the rest to try and brake in a hurry?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts