2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

This is my first post and hope for some sound advice; I have created two very simple CCTs and hope to have the go ahead or advice of potential problems or faults before carrying out the work.

Also if anyone could point out the port for the Y splitter cable for XCarLink to me - that would be very handy.
Also how AutoDab would connect into this unit, and if it will interfere with a 3rd party reversing camera, XCarLink or oem SatNav.

It's a Civic Ex 2008.
Many thanks in advance
Chris

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
With the footwell lights connecting to the dimming interior, I found that one line is +12v constant and the other ranges from 0V (when the lights are on) to +12V (to disable them via no potential difference).
Weird, I know - but annoyingly it means you can't just hook up as you want because you'll get the opposite effect.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top Man Syx
It's strange they use potential difference across the -ve, normally dimming ccts I have seen drop the voltage. I guess this way would cause no humming sound possibly?
Great thanks for that, I will adjust my switch to give me a cct which will allow both lights to be interchangeable and the -ve will switch with the positive +ve like the relayed switch in the second.

Any ideas on the second cct and y splitter?
Cheers Chris

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Can't comment on the second one bud as not familiar with the nav HU. It's a white port for the Y cable on the back of the non-nav HU if that helps?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I have a revised diagram.

Although I can't see Maplins selling a DPDT/DPCO with ON/OFF/ON Switching!
So I did another revision which should work.

I think I prefer the 2nd cct. Maybe RS.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I think I can help with your second circuit ;)

You have your wiring wrong with the video RCA inputs... Your v- needs to be common.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Bog
Your very right, I have drawn it wrong. That drawing has one positive phono and one fully negative. That aside everything else you think is correct?
Thanks for taking a look.

In the end I found some coloured switches on eBay for £3.00 On/off/on with spade connectors, an inline fuse (car style) for £2 and the 7pin molex for £2. Bargain!

I also have found my answer to autoDab, they currently do not make a autoDab (as of Jul 2014) for a Civic Ex with a sat nav.

One more question, I've read on one thread (how to) PAL 3rd party reversing cam is better than NTSC which appears black and white. Then in another thread (how to) I've read NTSC is used not PAL. Can anyone clear this up?? Do I need a specific resolution as well as a video format standard??

Many Thanks all
Chris

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The Honda system is NTSC, if you use PAL input, the bottom 25% of the video image will be lost/cropped.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Lol... You got there in the end :) the wire can look a bit pinky brown...

Yes, I did the how to and not much I don't know about Honda Navigation systems :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts