2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have recently identified my CD player as being faulty, it comes up with DISC (flashing) on the dash. The disc does not seem to rotate, tried to use a CD head cleaner. Upon insertion of any disc the dash confirms that it loads then 'reads' and goes into the error message above.

Apart from the obvious (that it dont work properly!) have you any ideas on what I can do to sort it out, there does not seem to be any visible simple access areas to see if anything is accidentally in the unit.

Does the CD reader come out easy or is it the centre part of the dash that has to come out and is it a big job and/or I suppose how is it done??

Cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does it have this problem all the time? I have that message sometimes after having the air con on warm - it heats the CD player up so bad it stops reading CDs and they end up red hot!!

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
Does it have this problem all the time? I have that message sometimes after having the air con on warm - it heats the CD player up so bad it stops reading CDs and they end up red hot!!

That doesn't sound normal either... never had that problem with mine... I had one CD not being read because it was too scratched and the disc simply not spinning...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CD Player

Yep all the time. Looks like they are taking it out FOC and fixing it. Bit of a game though, just dont want any vibrations or rattles when they put it back together...!!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Hi

Is there a fix for the over-heating?

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts