2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it's been a while since I posted here.

I bought a Celtic map a few years ago for my 2007 Civic Type S 2.2, I recently bought a 2008 Civic Type S GT 2.2. I am wondering, can I use the map from my old car on my new one? It would be nice not that have to buy another map for this car.

Any advise would be great, thanks.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Tuners often encrypt their maps with checksum errors/etc so you may find it hard to pull off your tuned map.

But in theory yes you can swap maps from car to car of the same type.

A rolling road tune will get the best of the map on a particular car though...

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
maybe issues due to immobiliser and also ecu software version
i would be very careful trying this and doubt it will work

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some mixed opinions, how dangerous do you think it will be to try? I still have the lead and the software. I don't want to brick my ecu.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
maybe issues due to immobiliser and also ecu software version
i would be very careful trying this and doubt it will work
Some mixed opinions, how dangerous do you think it will be to try? I still have the lead and the software. I don't want to brick my ecu.
I would say very? New ECU will cost more then a Celtic remap!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hoping it would be a generic map.

My thinking was that people were sharing custom maps on here a while back, everyone one would have had different year cars and no problems there.

I didn't use them myself, just opted for the file only version from Celtic.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Think you may have answered your own question there.

It may be straightforward, or you could completely screw the ecu.

I suspect that there's a little more to it than downloading a tune from Amazon.

I was hoping it would be a generic map.

My thinking was that people were sharing custom maps on here a while back, everyone one would have had different year cars and no problems there.

I didn't use them myself, just opted for the file only version from Celtic.
I know the mobile Celtic tuners download your ECU readings, send them back to HQ, then receive a map best suited to your car. They have 5/6 base maps for each stage.

Every engine is unique, and breathes in a slightly different way.

Can do Cornwall and back in a day from Cheshire. Will get a much better result with a RR map, and with forum discount, is only £200.

Only takes a little over an hour to do, and you'll get a nice dyno print out. ;)

That's what I'd do.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
There's different versions of the ECU's, the maps have things in different places depending on the version. I know this because the xdf file Relic generated for his 2007 Civic didn't work at all for my 2010 Civic (apart from the drivers wish table which was in the same place).

I'm very sure it won't work and it's not worth trying since it could seriously damage your car. The 2008 would be expecting a table to be in a certain place and it could be in a completely different place for the 2007 map.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys, don't think I will risk it, was a nice thought while it lasted anyway ha. Going to get the clutch done hopefully at tdi-north and get them to do the map too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts