2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you for sharing, keep us posted for any changes.
I am wondering what would be the results in an environment described on the photo attached.

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

·
i-Vtec
2,770 Posts
What did Celtic promise you? Is that figure at the wheels? What was the figure before the remap?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Celtic say +41hp and +88 lb/s

Stock engine is 120hp and 221lbs,

With map I got 141hp and 234lb/s at the flywheel

I didnt have a dyno done before the remap, the map was done by a mobile tuner.

Theres something not right here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Celtic say +41hp and +88 lb/s

Stock engine is 120hp and 221lbs,

With map I got 141hp and 234lb/s at the flywheel

I didnt have a dyno done before the remap, the map was done by a mobile tuner.

Theres something not right here
A pre-Remap Dyno should be done for 2 main reasons, A/B comparison and to see the car's condition for further assessment. Market specs are far different from the car's current situation.

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

·
i-Vtec
2,770 Posts
Is the 141 wheel hp? How did the car feel after it was mapped, did it feel like there was a good improvement

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No 141hp at the flywheel

After I felt like I was expecting more, but I did feel bit of improvement. I thought it was just me expecting it to feel more.

Wheel power was 97hp.

I am way off the claimed hp gain from Celtic tuning..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something defo up here, I gained 13 lb/s torque when it should be +88

Going to check air filter and see if its clogged. It had full main dealer service the week before.

Are the maps done from mobile the same as HQ I wonder

·
i-Vtec
2,770 Posts
Did the guys at the dyno not suggest anything?
With the stock map on might be worth getting it dyno'd again. Always a chance the dyno is way out and never been calibrated lately.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to a very experienced place, they do race and rally cars. Mechanical wise its perfect. Only circa 20k miles.

I dont feel the Celtic map has given me anywhere near the gains it should,

I highly doubt my engine was only producing 100hp, lost 20 from factory with only 20k miles. These engines are known to put out slightly more that specs

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
would be intresting if anyone with a Celtic Remap has gone and dynoed at a different place than the Celtic HQ,

I am weary of this company after my experience

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just thought of something,

3 weeks before I had the celtic done I had the emissions recall update done, the update does not mention anything on performance but rather the DPF, but they won't admit a performance nuke, Celtic pull the stock map and mod it dont they? Perhaps honda nuked the performance and thats why my gains are very little with the celtic..

The plot thickens

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Doesnt celtic pull the stock map and alter it with their own parameters, as far as I know a generic map is not used. They open up the stock map because the injector and immobiliser codes are stored in the map

1 - 20 of 32 Posts