2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the doors open(when you use the button) without the blinkers flashing?

I have noticed this at times but didn't think much of it.

Since my 2nd service(1st year as we do them each 6months here for some stupid reason) coming up soon and I am making a list of bugs.

Cause at time when I open the doors using the central locking the blinkers don't flash at times, but other times they do.

Will i have to make a video of this for honda cause they will say no fault found.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I noticed this in the first week of getting my car doesn't happen anymore

I just though it was were I never locked the doors.

Do you check the doors after locking as they may not be locking up properly?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
blinkers flash when the alarm is armed - if the doors do not lock (cos the boot isn't shut for example) then the alarm will not arm and the blinkers will not flash

Also, if doors are already locked and the alarm is armed then the blinkers will not flash when the lock button is pressed - similarly if the doors are already open and the alarm not armed then the blinkers will not flash when the open button is pressed

agree with stevenjp90 - check if doors are locked after pressing the lock button

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
That probably points to a problem with the door senors if you're positive theyre all shut. The only time Ive noticed that is if a passenger doesnt close the door properly, or the boot is still open. You could do a quick check yourself by leaving a door ajar one by one and seeing if the dash display alerts you.

Before now I've put stuff in the boot, closed it and then got a flickering light to tell me its still open when i go over a bump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.