2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, the central locking on my 8th gen has started playing up. It all seems to be centered around the drivers door. It started grumbling when locking a few weeks ago and now the remote won't open the drivers door.

When you plip to unlock, the other 3 doors unlock but the boot remains locked. If I use the key only to unlock the drivers door the alarm remains armed but all the doors open (if you open one of the other three doors the alarm sounds). I have to use the key to unlock the drivers door a

Locking remotely locks the other 3 doors but not the drivers or boot and the alarm isn't armed until you physically lock the drivers door.

Any ideas folks?

Car is a 2.2 EX GT

Cheers Jon

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
sounds like the central locking actuator in the drivers door giving up
i believe it can also affect the boot when they give up

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. I'd read something like that. It was getting noisy before it failed.

Any idea if it's an easy fix?

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
the chances are it will need replacing which will mean removing the door card
iv'e not had to replace one on a civic but have replaced them on other cars they tend to be reasonably straight forward

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Easy to replace, had to do my passenger side one the other day, the going price seems to be about £25-£30 on ebay for a used part, takes about 30 mins to fit

·
Registered
3 Posts
mine doing daft stuff too, boot wont open and when key in ignition turned on i shut drivers door then you here the lock sound twice in the door, ive bodged the boot lock by taking a supply from the number plate light to the boot switch, so when i turn parking lights on i can open the boot , works ok for a temparey job to open boot.
is there a scu unit under dash like a remote receiver to control the doors !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
forgot to add,
i took the drivers door actuator out to test it , found 2 micro switches inside but they are both working fine ,
there must be a receiver from the key fob that sends signals out to the doors , any info were it is or am i going wrong way round this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts