2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it is the case that the cables from the sockets in the centre armrest end just behind the headunit and are plugged into it or are they hardwired?If you were fitting an aftermarket headunit could you plug them straight in, and not have an aftermarket usb cable ending up in your glovebox...?

hope that makes sense....?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just replaced my head unit and the connector for the USB cable is below the relays behind the heater controls. It is usually plugged just below the white connector in the middle of the photo
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

To connect this to the head unit a USB retention cable is needed, these can be bought from a number of retailers
Usb cable Circuit component Data transfer cable Cable Computer data storage
I can now use the USB connector in the centre armrest.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've just replaced my head unit and the connector for the USB cable is below the relays behind the heater controls. It is usually plugged just below the white connector in the middle of the photo
View attachment 321563

To connect this to the head unit a USB retention cable is needed, these can be bought from a number of retailers
View attachment 321562
I can now use the USB connector in the centre armrest.

Hope this helps!
Could you let us know what head unit you installed please? Thank you

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,064 Posts
I'd be interested to learn how Halfords retain all remote functions without a Connects2 box.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed a Pioneer dmh-a340dab. Well, actually Halfords installed it as it was cheaper for them to fit it than buying the connects2 fascia kit myself!
Thanks, I guess yours is pre face lift?

I'd be interested to learn how Halfords retain all remote functions without a Connects2 box.
Unless the pioneer can understand the SWC without it, I am not sure, but isn’t that the only point of the canbus box?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fitting cost included ctkhd06 fitting kit, which I understand is the connects2 kit.
I've got an SE, so only need steering controls and usb.
Even the halfords fitter was surprised at what was included in their price!

Yes pre face-lift model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So
Fitting cost included ctkhd06 fitting kit, which I understand is the connects2 kit.
I've got an SE, so only need steering controls and usb.
Even the halfords fitter was surprised at what was included in their price!

Yes pre face-lift model.
So Halfords stock the connects2 kit for a Civic? I can't find it on their website.

·
Registered
CW FK2R GT
882 Posts
So

So Halfords stock the connects2 kit for a Civic? I can't find it on their website.
they order direct from Connects2, a UK company mate.

Cant fault their kit installed it in a lot of cars previously, always swear by their fascias and wheel converters. I see they also now do stop/start ballasts and 2way canbus unit, it aint cheap though but should retain all functionality, their units also flashable/upgradeable you know ;) when i end up replacing the stock unit after it goes EOL, itll be connects2 2way canbus for me, probs going alpine this time might also go built in sat nav, ill stick with android, whole house is automated with it so makes sense to extend to the car. would be cool to say hey goggle send this route to Betty! and it be on the head unit by time i fire her up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts