2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt I am alone in getting sick of CD's sliding around in the centre console, well I think I have found a solution, Woolworths stacking CD racks, with a little persuasion you can get one of the racks in the console, with enough room to spare for pens, phone charger, Gaviscon tablets etc. as shown on the photos below. £4.99 for 2 racks.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Excellent idea, I have a spare one of those floating around.
You might get even more in if you tranfer the CDs to the very slim cases that can be purchased from pc world to go with the cdrom on a spindle.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would recommend the slim cases anyway, I have had a few problems extracting the full size ones. I think one other modification you need is to replace your elbow with a ball and socket to actually allow it to rotate ever so slightly.

It is so much neater and less annoying round corners "clunk..............clunk...................clunk"

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
cool idea another thing for the shopping list.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
RR

I know it's a bit late, I've only just noticed, but I like the idea of tiling your kitchen to match your motor.:p :p :p

I take it the yellow is from the brake calipers?

·
Registered
975 Posts
im getting sick of the cds rattling around might try this

·
Registered
246 Posts
I purchased a £1.99 cd rack from Maplin and it fits the centre console easily.
I had to line the console with a mouse mat cut to size to stop it slipping around, but they are two for £1 at Tesco so not really that expensive!

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Word of advice, don't ever try to talk the thing out, and also don't store small things in the console, they end up under the CD rack, quite tricky to get out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts