2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I Have an 08 CTR and it doesnt have the AUX, USB and 12v socket in the centre console. My question is if i bought a centre console with the ports, is everything in place to just swap them over or would i need anything else?

Kind Regards, Olly

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
not really sure, because the radio unit is slightly different on FL models, but check WIKI info it might be possible, some drawings are there ..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks Andy. I'll have a butchers but i wouldn't imagine there's much covering that, who knows.

Cheers pal, Olly

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Why do you want the ports?

If it's for power, I have fitted a couple of panel mount usb ports in the centre cubby hole.

If it's for audio streaming then something like an xcarlink would give you the functionality.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
i really doubt that ciggy lighter has the same output ( 120W max ) as the one in centre console, also xcarlink is different to factory fitted USB, no id3 tags for example ..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only ask because if it were to connect straight up it would make more sense to buy the centre console for 40 odd pounds. As it would only be for music and the USB but if it's an optional extra the connections wouldnt be there I don't suppose?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I only ask because if it were to connect straight up it would make more sense to buy the centre console for 40 odd pounds. As it would only be for music and the USB but if it's an optional extra the connections wouldnt be there I don't suppose?
i think pre-FL civics never had option for usb and aux i think, but i could be wrong.. your only option seems to be an aftermarket solution... or Parrot mki9100 or 9200, it has usb/aux/bt, 9200 even has micro sd card slot in display ...

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
Correct

There have been a few historic posts asking almost the same and the answer was that the pre 09 headunit didn't contain the necessary connections to add the centre console AUX and USB ports.

·
Super Moderator
1,423 Posts
i think pre-FL civics never had option for usb and aux i think, but i could be wrong.. your only option seems to be an aftermarket solution... or Parrot mki9100 or 9200, it has usb/aux/bt, 9200 even has micro sd card slot in display ...
You could look at the Nextbase DAB350.
This is a DAB+ radio adaptor, has BT handsfree and aux in/out so could do what you want and is only £30 from Izilla.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
i really doubt that ciggy lighter has the same output ( 120W max ) as the one in centre console, also xcarlink is different to factory fitted USB, no id3 tags for example ..
I didn't mention the ciggy lighter Andy. :smile3:

For clarity I didn't fit a cig lighter usb plug thing as I didn't want it in view. I fitted a stand alone panel mounted twin usb, separately wired fitted inside the centre console lidded cubby (where the cd changer would go).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That answers that then. I'll have a look into the bluetooth gear until i can afford a head unit then i think.

Thanks for all the help guys

Regards, Olly

·
Registered
9 Posts
It won't work without replacing the head unit by one from FL which supports both aux and usb.

AUX is available on all FL head units. USB is an option, so you need to find a very specific model if you want both to work. Also, you need a usb control box and the wiring to connect the ports in the armrest. I would go for double din or other aftermarket solutions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea i was thinking about this. I'll have a search about, there's always some being broken on ebay too so might be worth firing out a few emails.

Cheers Das.

Regards, Olly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts