2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2018 1.5 Prestige manual with about 9k on the clock.
Today, pulled out of a "T" junction quickly(but not harshly) and there was a beep with no warnings or symbols that I could see, then about 1 mile further on, driving perfectly normally the display (the sat/nav one), suddenly went completely blank for 3-4 seconds then back on for 3-4 seconds.
This continued for a couple of minutes in sat/nav and audio mode so I turned on the audio again and the screen went blank for about 10 seconds. Then the white Honda emblem appeared and the system went into normal mode and worked fine.
I've checked out all the settings and everything seems fine and nothing has altered except after touching the "Audio" button the source was not the previous source but the first one in the list, ie FM instead of USB.
Normally the audio always starts on the last used source, only once that I can recall, has it ever started on FM on its own.
Nothing has been touched or fiddled with.
Hopefully, it was only a blip and the system rebooted itself.
No chance that it downloaded something or updated I suppose, I had my phone with me but it wasn't connected by cable and bluetooth was off.
Any relevent comments please?

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
The system randomly rebooting was an early blip on the 9G that was rectified with firmware updates. As you say, the end result was a loss of your saved radio stations and often, as posted here, a loss of other saved items like satnav destinations.

I thought the 10G didn't suffer this issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
24 hours later and I've been for a drive with 3 stops. No problems at all and all radio settings and sat/nav favourites, history, home etc were not affected.
For "Kremmen", what i said originally was that the audio when turned on started on "FM" and not the last used source, ie USB as it always did before. Anyway, thanks for your reply but all seems well now.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,434 Posts
Did you have a usb stick plugged in for music etc?
I used to leave one in with my screen wallpapers on. After a couple of unsolicited reboots and one buzzing sound I took it out. That was over a year ago. Never had any further issues. Just same wallpaper. She is nice though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Red Dwarf,
Yes, usb stick is and has always been left plugged in.
Still no further problems so I don't know, just a computer glitch I suppose.
Since my original post I've had the aircon. condenser and black plastic bit in front grill (the bit with the sensors) replaced under warranty for unrelated problems, if that has any relevance I don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts