2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Centre instrument display repair service?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Shaun70 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've tried to solder the centre clock display today on my mk8 & it's just a bit more fiddly than I realised, is there anyone on here who does it or whose done it successfully before & willing to help me out, please?

#3 ·
Hi ta so much for the reply. So simply melt flux onto the original soldering, no new solder, correct? I'd be grateful, if this is something you're happy to do, is to send it to you to do for me, willing to give you a little something for your time?

#4 ·
Hi there Shaun,
The job is a rather easy fix despite the dismanteling.
Perhaps someone in your family or neighborhood might be a bit handy?
Major thing is: tip with a small tiny brush a very small amount of flux on what to resolder. 1 connection at the time. A fine tip soldering iron is preferable. Don't use any type of soldering guns, they're too hot and you will ruin the mainboard..

#5 ·
Ok, thanks for the reply. Getting out wasn't so bad as I knew what to expect thanks to YouTube! Now its been out its easier. I find the difficult bit is the finite gap between the pins, I may get some of those magnifying glasses & try again with the flux too, failing that as you say I'll see if I know anyone with a keener eye than me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.