2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CG 6 paddle and Map have both been on the car a week today so thought I would give some feed back.

The Clutch

My first real journey with the new clutch was mainly on the M6 so not really a fair one. but It felt a little aggressive and juddery if you get it wrong :facepalm:

But after the wife putting a few hundred town miles on the clutch it feels totally different. Its still not the same as the OEM clutch as the bit point is a lot smaller. But what has changed is if you get the revs or coming of the clutch wrong its so much more forgiving than when it was first installed. If it judders now it does not re-arrange your body parts and also pulling away in a normal manner is also much easier.

I prefer the CG clutch over the OEM through the rest of the gears as it somehow feels smoother.

The clutch is so much nicer even after one week as it continues to bed in Im sure it will be great all round.

REMAP STAGE 2 EGR OFF (F6HAD)

Cant really give the remap a propper test due to bedding the clutch and the bad weather.

What I can tell you is that it makes the car feel much more driveable. Its keen and eager to go when you need it to.

It does not deliver power in a way that worries you about it damaging the car. It accelarates very smoothley but quick enough you can tell its far from standard.

It sort of reminds me of the way the golf r32 drives just endless torque and smooth.

The EGR off makes a world of difference, the throttle response is now instant. you dont need to press it 1 second before you want to accelarate, you just have it there as soon as you need it.

We have also continued seeing a small MPG increase since the remap.

A big thanks to CG Motorsport and F6HAD.

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
yeah the judder if you get it totally wrong isnt bad at all i doubt passengers would even notice it but tbh i never get it wrong anymore, i find letting the clutch out totally in first and second before trying to accelerate does the trick for gentle driving or over 1500k in first if immediate acceleration is required

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the judder if you get it totally wrong isnt bad at all i doubt passengers would even notice it but tbh i never get it wrong anymore, i find letting the clutch out totally in first and second before trying to accelerate does the trick for gentle driving or over 1500k in first if immediate acceleration is required
Did your feel different from when it was first installed to when it had fully bedded in ?

In 15 years of driving this is the first clutch I have ever had changed.

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Sounds great- glad your enjoying it!

I always worry about my clutch going as I dont like the sound of the judder.

My friend has a 6 paddle clutch on his 600bhp Fiat (lol) and its horrible when reversing or pulling off and I always think that it'll be the same

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds great- glad your enjoying it!

I always worry about my clutch going as I dont like the sound of the judder.

My friend has a 6 paddle clutch on his 600bhp Fiat (lol) and its horrible when reversing or pulling off and I always think that it'll be the same
I've also read some horror stories about 6 paddle and the 20v turbo. But after speaking with Mick at CG he explained that even thou mine is a 6 paddle clutch they did a lot of work to make it useable for everyday driving.

My wife uses the Civic everyday to drive into birmingham city centre in very busy traffic and she is getting better with it every day mate.

If you are ever in the cannock region and want to try one you are welcome to have a test flight.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Ben, i'll take you for a spin next saturday if you fancy at the time mate :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
cg clutch

hi guys had the cg lutch and dmf repalced y'day in Leeds.
wow definatly impressed.

the judder isnt to bad, can handle the torque well and has a nice bitting point:)
great customer service

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes 810 and they re-oil the gearbox if that's the term.
Fahad it moves well now with the remap thank youuuuuu

Reactions: F6HAD

·
Registered
253 Posts
Question: can you put normally in gears when just installed CG Clutch?
Today I put CG 6 paddle finally in my car.
I can say that there is no Judder at all in my car. Whole day I driven and not a single judder - so because of that very satisfied I am.
BUT, there is one problem which will go better I hope with time! My gear stick/knob is now so hard that many times I cant put car in 1st gear or especially in reverse!!! I must prety hard push knob to get it in gear, and I see that if I'm moving at least 1mph it goes much better, but from stand still it is HARD????!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.