2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just a quick update and a new thread about our latest CTDi clutch product, we are extremely excited about this launch and think this will be our best product yet.

Since CG Motorsport have been involved in the development of Clutches for the Honda 2.2 CTDi Range we have always been searching for the best clutch we can make at the best price.

Firstly we made the SMF kit removing the weak Civic DMF.

Then we coupled this with a enhanced clutch kit allowing for a torque increase of 40% with a smooth riding dual friction or 8 paddle ceramic option.

The next step was to create a Twin Disc clutch kit with a pre-machined flywheel. This kit was bullet proof for all users but the feedback was that it was a little bit too pricey even at the forum reduced price of £1000....

We needed to fill the middle ground. So here's what we have done....

We have taken our Solid Mass Flywheel and made some drastic modifications to fitment. This has allowed us to fit a heavy duty uprated cover direct to the SMF. In short this means that we now have a kit available that is to take a 80% increase in torque from stock and give a completely standard pedal feel. Thats not the best thing about it though... the price for all this is just £750 and its currently exclusive to Civinfo forum members only. This is our 666 Range.

Thats not all though we also have the 777 Range which uses a ceramic paddle drive plate instead of the kevlar disc allowing for a torque increase of upto 200% from stock. This gives a more racey feel for those who want to smash the occasional track days as well. Oh and we can do this one at £775.

We still have the modified clutches with SMF at £675 and the twin discs at £1000 for those who have that exact need but its unlikely that stock will be replenished with these kits proving everything you will need and more for all your driving needs.

You Luck Devils :cool:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everyone. Just a quick update and a new thread about our latest CTDi clutch product, we are extremely excited about this launch and think this will be our best product yet.

Since CG Motorsport have been involved in the development of Clutches for the Honda 2.2 CTDi Range we have always been searching for the best clutch we can make at the best price.

Firstly we made the SMF kit removing the weak Civic DMF.

Then we coupled this with a enhanced clutch kit allowing for a torque increase of 40% with a smooth riding dual friction or 8 paddle ceramic option.

The next step was to create a Twin Disc clutch kit with a pre-machined flywheel. This kit was bullet proof for all users but the feedback was that it was a little bit too pricey even at the forum reduced price of £1000....

We needed to fill the middle ground. So here's what we have done....

We have taken our Solid Mass Flywheel and made some drastic modifications to fitment. This has allowed us to fit a heavy duty uprated cover direct to the SMF. In short this means that we now have a kit available that is to take a 80% increase in torque from stock and give a completely standard pedal feel. Thats not the best thing about it though... the price for all this is just £750 and its currently exclusive to Civinfo forum members only. This is our 666 Range.

Thats not all though we also have the 777 Range which uses a ceramic paddle drive plate instead of the kevlar disc allowing for a torque increase of upto 200% from stock. This gives a more racey feel for those who want to smash the occasional track days as well. Oh and we can do this one at £775.

We still have the modified clutches with SMF at £675 and the twin discs at £1000 for those who have that exact need but its unlikely that stock will be replenished with these kits proving everything you will need and more for all your driving needs.

You Luck Devils :cool:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to pre-empt the questions the new covers we are using can not be bought separately as they can only be run with the new SMF's we have designed. The old SMFs we have sold will not take these covers and can not be retro fit to do so as the design is totally different.

We will still be stocking the old SMFs as these can still be installed with a stock clutch kit, why anyone would want to change just the DMF and not uprate the clutch at the same time is pretty silly IMHO but that option is still their for people who want to do just that.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could some admin please have this thread removed as I am clearly a complete N00b who doesnt know what to do to delete a thread when double posted.

·
Registered
141 Posts
thats good news as I'm soon to be in the market for a new clutch for my '06 CRV and would like to remap although probably not with a standard DMF and 325 clutch. The horns of a dilemma: performance V daily reliability.

So excuse my wariness in asking the 'piece of string' question but so far how many vehicles have had it fitted and have they passed beyond performance testing and into the realms of longevity?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5 fitted so far. 370lb/ft been run in one vehicle, no problems to report at the moment on any of them. The cover is tried and tested to withstand these strains so there wont be any issues with it moving forward.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
What about longevity with these new clutches?

Do you have any pics?

Reactions: Jon_G

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I like the sound of the 777 range. I'm currently running a celtic stage one map. I have had a few instances of the clutch slipping but more so after around two hours of straight motorway driving. I guess this is down to the plates being hotter and slipping? I wouldn't mind bumping it up to a stage 2 map but saying that if I purchased a clutch to be fitted and went to tdi I could go for a custom remap. In regards to these clutch kits if I were looking to buy one would it be best to drop you a phone call? Is this kit only available to this forum? What has been the feedback on these so far? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Also...how different is the ceramic clutch as opposed to the 666 range? Is it just a stronger clutch? Is it more about pedal feel?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Great news! Clutch options have always been a big topic on here and the 666 option seems like a very good choice for a decent amount of extra power without a huge price increase over oem. And an oem feel to the clutch is something i'd like to keep when i do get a clutch, as i can't imagine anything worse than being stuck on the M6 and constantly trying to creep forward by revving it to 1.5 - 2k!

Good work CG! I'll be following this closely, as it seems like the ideal option for me!

What are the real-world differences between the 666 and 777? Is it just more power capabilities at the cost of oem-feel driving for the 777?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
If the 777 can take a 200% increase in torque from stock, does this mean that it can handle 750 lbs/ft ?

And am I right in thinking that the twin plate is rated to 700 lbs/ft ?

Btw, how many twin plates do you have left ? I may pay a deposit to secure one if you're not going to be replenishing current stock.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Is the twin plate even better than the 777 or 666?...Are you running a celtic stage 2 remap at the moment?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Is the twin plate even better than the 777 or 666?...Are you running a celtic stage 2 remap at the moment?

I was under the impression that the twin plate was the best option for running maximum torque options, but I'll wait for the experts to confirm.

I'm running a custom Celtic map, with a 6 paddle and DMF fitted 2 years ago, and have covered 20+k miles, including 3 track days.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
How do you find the 6 paddle set up? Some complain about the judder? My mate has a six that was fitted by tdi when he got a remap but he says the judder is hardly noticeable. He said it's fine yet I have read how it can be annoying!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The twin is the strongest clutch system that we do. To put some hard figures on it I would say the 666 is good to around 450lb/ft.

The 777 is good to around 550lb/ft (probably a bit more really... However I would recommend anyone running over 550lb/ft (few and far between I think) to go for the twin as it has a much stronger longevity at the top end of the torque spectrum.

We are not going to stock many more twins, simply because for this vehicle there are not enough users pushing 600lb/ft. We still have a few on the shelf if people want to buy them though. Feel free to PM me if you want to leave a deposit for one.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lifespan is always based on power and driving style. Its a wearable part so lifespan varies from car to car just like brake discs do.

We no longer fit so parts are now supply only.

1 - 20 of 299 Posts