2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Championship Type - R #108

White 
3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Leejay-B 
#1 ·
Hi all.
Purchased a 2009 Championship White Type - R # 108 on the 29th Feb. Bought as a one owner car with full honda history :D.
Did look at purchasing one a year ago but opted ( foolishly ) for a 2012 Astra Vxr due to power and tuning.
Screwed my sensible head on and picked this up.

Typical Champ refinements of HID'S / LSD etc.

However, after spending time on the forum i made a couple of purchases from the hobbyist traders section. Some still require fitting.

Blue Fog covers, courtesy Gray52

Brake light cover ( to be fitted ) and build number from Gers

Picked up an Option connector from X5252X for future connections.
A red and blue footwell kit from RickHondaR
Auto folding mirror unit from MrBozo

Although these are all still to fit along with my Dashcam.

Picked up a Non-Resonated Milltek Exhaust and an HKS RSK from member Matty-Gt. Got the exhaust fitted for £20 and its making a lovely sound now yet not too loud.

Received a couple of parcels. Contained within a Tegiwa RSK heatshield, some Heko deflectors and some Hexis Carbon wrap.

Team Heko's fitted ( no clips needed but bit of force on the bending out ).

Mirrors have had bump guards fitted due to damage, so removed the covers followed by the guards. Now ready for wrapping ( 2 failed attempts so far ha )

My current to do :
Carbon wrap mirrors
Fit Option Connector
Wire up Dashcam
Wire in Red footwell lights
Wire in Blue puddle lights
Fit HKS RSK and Tegiwa Heatshield
Fit Auto-fold mirror unit
Fit Brake light Cover sticker

Give it a bloody good clean:)

See less See more
#10 ·
They are a very tight fit. Once in place i slowly put the window up and then flexed the deflector out. After that the window goes up on Auto perfectly and the deflector is tight fit so its not going to just fall out.
Just needs that bit of brute ignorance to flex it then all seems good.

#17 ·
Thought i would do a little update.

Milltek exhaust was fitted altho had a knock from it. Fitted some Powerflex hangers to stiffen it slightly.
Hks induction fitted and the NOISE is unbelivable on vtec.

Fitted red footwell lighting and whilst was at it added some to glovebox too. Pics arent great

Fitted my Civinfo sticker today too.

Have Carbon Mirror covers to go on once i pull my finger out.
Also little side project on the go too which will show later on.

#18 ·
The championship white is my favourite FN2 apart from the rare and very expensive mugen models.
Very nice.

One owner car is a bonus.

At least you have tried high power, I'd did a similar thing and am now back to Honda. I enjoy the revs, gearbox and involvement, combined with strong reliability.

You can always add power if you need later on.

#19 ·
How long did the footwell lighting take to fit, I have mine waiting to go on after a good body polish and wax?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.