2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. A new member here so apologies if there has been a post on this item.

I have a pre facelift 9th gen civic with the Alpine premium audio sat nav with the sub in the boot and it has the preamp. I have two options to what I want to achieve. And want to go with the easiest if possible.

1st is it possible to change the Alpine unit for the newer Honda connect system ? Is it a straight swap ? And do I lose turn by instructions or any functionality on the imid or steering wheel ? And does it have to be recoded by Honda ? I have seen some of the Honda connect systems on eBay for about 200 pounds

2nd. I’ve looked at some head units from Pioneer for around the 200 pound mark. I would probably get it installed at the car audio shop. Do you lose functions with an after market unit ? Like the imid and steering wheel controls?

Also I just remembered (apologies for so many questions) I have a parking camera. So would I lose this display ?

Many thanks.

Lee

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
The alpine unit is a decent unit and my advice not worth the hassle to change plus newer connect system maybe better in some areas but is worse in others so nothing really to be gained. I also believe all the units are coded to the car so it is not a simple or cheap task to change them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The alpine unit is a decent unit and my advice not worth the hassle to change plus newer connect system maybe better in some areas but is worse in others so nothing really to be gained. I also believe all the units are coded to the car so it is not a simple or cheap task to change them.
Hi Rick many thanks for the speedy reply.

I do like the Alpine system just looking for more functionality with my iPhone. Like apple car play, etc also I don’t know if it’s something I’m doing wrong. But when I play music from my iPhone via Bluetooth all I get in the display is “Bluetooth music playing” or words to that affect. On my 8th gen with the older touchscreen I would get artist name, song etc on Bluetooth. And also when taking a phone call it’s quite crackly. But the sound and most over functions I do like. And the sub in the boot makes a massive difference.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts